Translation of introduce in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (acquaint) presentar I don't think we've been introduced no creo tener el gusto de conocerlo, me parece que no nos han presentado allow me to introduce myself/my mother [formal] permítame que me presente/le presente a mi madre to introduce sb
tosb presentarle a algn aalgn he introduced John to her le presentó a John he introduced her to John se la presentó a JohnExample sentences1.2 (initiate) to introduce sb
- I run into some nefarious character, I don't even want to mention his name, who introduces me to Madam Alex.
- ‘That would be me,’ Jessica said with a small frown, when Michael showed no intention of formally introducing her.
- When Amy had settled in, Kevin formally introduced her to the others and led her to the training room.
tosth introducir* a algn aalgo, iniciar a algn enalgo he introduced me to the classics él me introdujo a or me inició en la lectura de los clásicosExample sentences1.3 (present) [speaker/performer/program] presentar; [meeting/lecture/article] iniciar
- This is a great place to introduce products and measure their popularity.
- In the past few years, Swindon police, in partnership with the council, has introduced a number of measures to halt the tide of yobbish behaviour.
- The move is one of a number of measures introduced by Burnley Council as part of a shake-up of their waste collection services.
- For ‘Zen,’ for instance, he created that drum loop which introduces the song.
- The first movement, an aria for soprano and alto soloists, has a gorgeous instrumental ritornello that introduces the contrapuntal solo parts.
- As the swampy beat introduced the song, there was a gradually building cheer as people clicked to the songs identity.
- He will introduce screenings of some of his films and conduct a movie masterclass with the audience at Pictureville Cinema.
- No less than 31 presenters have been recruited to introduce programmes throughout the festival, and some will stay on with their own studio shows afterwards.
- Granada TV frontman Anthony Wilson is the master of ceremonies who will introduce an action-packed programme.
- 2 2.1 (bring in) [subject/topic/notion] introducir*; [suggestion] hacer*, presentar 2.2 (bring in for first time) [innovation/custom/practice] introducir*; [product] lanzar*, sacar* introducing Juan Romero as Don Félix presentando por primera vez (en pantalla) a Juan Romero en el papel de Don Félix tobacco was introduced (in)to Europe in the 16th century el tabaco se introdujo en Europa en el siglo XVIExample sentences2.3 [Politics/Política] [legislation/tax] introducir*; [bill] presentar
- The fox was introduced to Australia and has caused havoc to the native animal population.
- It is understood the disease was then introduced to the trout lake by an angler who had been fishing for carp.
- In contrast, many pest species are introduced to the region and flourish with the large expanses of a single food source.
- The past two weeks have shown how far we have travelled in the debate about introducing legislation in Scotland aimed at protecting people from the damage that passive smoking causes to health.
- US gun control, as presented in legislation introduced by Democrats, is a joke.
- In California, one assemblyman just introduced legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.
- The electrode is introduced through a needle inserted into a large vein in an arm or the neck.
- He recalls the time when miners from Wales dug one of the bore holes, which is still used today, and when chlorine was introduced at the treatment works.
- We conclude that Minos can be instrumental for completion of the effort to introduce useful insertions into all known genes of D. melanogaster.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.