Translation of introduce in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (acquaint) I don't think we've been introducedallow me to introduce myself/my mother [formal]no creo tener el gusto de conocerlome parece que no nos han presentadoto introduce somebodypermítame que me presente/le presente a mi madre
tosomebodyhe introduced John to herpresentarle a alguien aalguienhe introduced her to Johnle presentó a Johnse la presentó a JohnExample sentences1.2 (initiate) See examples:to introduce somebody
- I run into some nefarious character, I don't even want to mention his name, who introduces me to Madam Alex.
- ‘That would be me,’ Jessica said with a small frown, when Michael showed no intention of formally introducing her.
- When Amy had settled in, Kevin formally introduced her to the others and led her to the training room.
tosomethinghe introduced me to the classicsintroducir a alguien aalgoiniciar a alguien enalgoél me introdujo a or me inició en la lectura de los clásicosExample sentences1.3 (present)
- This is a great place to introduce products and measure their popularity.
- In the past few years, Swindon police, in partnership with the council, has introduced a number of measures to halt the tide of yobbish behaviour.
- The move is one of a number of measures introduced by Burnley Council as part of a shake-up of their waste collection services.
- He will introduce screenings of some of his films and conduct a movie masterclass with the audience at Pictureville Cinema.
- No less than 31 presenters have been recruited to introduce programmes throughout the festival, and some will stay on with their own studio shows afterwards.
- Granada TV frontman Anthony Wilson is the master of ceremonies who will introduce an action-packed programme.
- 2 2.1 (bring in)(subject/topic/notion)2.2 (bring in for first time)(innovation/custom/practice)introducing Juan Romero as Don Félixtobacco was introduced (in)to Europe in the 16th centurypresentando por primera vez (en pantalla) a Juan Romero en el papel de Don Félix2.3 (Politics)el tabaco se introdujo en Europa en el siglo XVI(legislation/tax)(bill)Example sentences
- The past two weeks have shown how far we have travelled in the debate about introducing legislation in Scotland aimed at protecting people from the damage that passive smoking causes to health.
- US gun control, as presented in legislation introduced by Democrats, is a joke.
- In California, one assemblyman just introduced legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.
- The electrode is introduced through a needle inserted into a large vein in an arm or the neck.
- He recalls the time when miners from Wales dug one of the bore holes, which is still used today, and when chlorine was introduced at the treatment works.
- We conclude that Minos can be instrumental for completion of the effort to introduce useful insertions into all known genes of D. melanogaster.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than