Translation of invade in Spanish:
- 1 (Military)Example sentences
- I think that the greatest revelation of the Iraq war has been that we lack the military force to invade a smallish country with terrain that provides easy surveillance and movement.
- I am just inquiring, what was the British tradition in relation to maintaining discipline of its forces when they were invading countries like India?
- British armed forces invaded Mesopotamia, as Iraq was then known, in 1914 with promises of freedom - from the Turks.
- 2 (overrun)(room/environment)to invade somebody's privacy
invadirinvadir or vulnerar la intimidad de alguienExample sentences
- Then, activists invaded the public space of lunch counters and voter registration offices simply to eat lunch and register to vote.
- The minute he said that a heavy atmosphere of silence invaded the place.
- He was someone special enough that they could let him invade their comfortable place.
- 3 (Biology, Medicine)Example sentences
- They are not normally present in significant quantities until a plant is invaded by disease.
- Plants are exposed to a great number of pathogenic microorganisms, but a relatively small proportion of them are able to invade plants and cause diseases.
- Now when anything invades another cell, or particularly when a parasite invades a red blood cell, they have to multiply.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.