- (before noun) (diet/food)invalid car
para enfermoscoche (masculine) para minusválido (dated or offensive)my invalid mother
coche (masculine) para discapacitadomi madre enfermaExample sentences
- The resort, 1,500m above sea level, with a lake and exquisite views of the snowy mountains, has been a center for invalids and well-off hypochondriacs since the 1860s.
- Their white colour and delicate texture have conspired to give them a reputation as a food for invalids or convalescents.
- It did not make any mention of the fact that many of the people who have come off the unemployment benefit have casually moved over to the invalids benefit or the sickness benefit.
inválido(application/contract/will)invalid in law
no válidosin validez legal
sin valor ante la leyExample sentences
- Mr Shipley's argument is that the defendants entered into the settlement on the basis that the patents were invalid.
- But in truth, they are not purporting to tell the American public, say, that one of their patents is invalid or that the scope of its claims is not what it might appear to be.
- Therefore the threats will be justified unless the patents are invalid.
- This argument is invalid, and all invalid arguments are unsound.
- No need to be surprised - a theory is invalid if shown to be so beyond reasonable doubt.
- Any philosopher can tell you this is an invalid argument.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.