nuncountable/no numerable [formal]
- 1 (of conclusion, will, contract) invalidez (f), falta (f) de validezMore example sentences
- To cite the fact that expected grades correlate with ratings as evidence of invalidity is an example of the common error of confusing within-class variance and between-class variance.
- I concede, thanks to several readers, the statistical invalidity of my original comparison, given the disparity in numbers between Chrisitians and Jews.].
- On balance, it seems to me that the fact that a theory may be spread but has been roundly rejected is much stronger evidence of the theory's invalidity than is the legal judgment that the theory may not be spread.
- 2 (disablement, illness) discapacidad (f), invalidez (f) [often offensive/puede resultar ofensivo] (before noun/delante del nombre) Invalidity Benefit (British English/inglés británico) prestaciones (feminine plural) por invalidez or discapacidad invalidity pension pensión (feminine) de invalidez or por discapacidadMore example sentences
- Both disorders were a major cause of invalidity from the forces.
- Only by building confidence slowly is it possible to prevent the development of invalidity.
- The five categories of risk are sickness, invalidity, old age, accidents at work and occupational diseases, and finally unemployment.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Mexico, today is Conmemoración de la Proclamación de la Independencia. Throughout the country, at 11 o'clock at night, there is a communal shout, El Grito, in memory of Padre Hidalgo's cry of independence from the Spanish in the town of Dolores.