Translation of invention in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (device, machine) invento (masculine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (devising) invención (feminine)
- Utility patents - unlike design or plant patents - are granted for inventions of machines, processes, and products.
- A shame since it includes the weapons, sabotage devices and other inventions which undoubtedly frustrated the German forces.
- In the EU, he says, IBM is one of the strongest supporters of the proposed directive on computer implemented inventions, a very controversial piece of legislation.
- Artistic pursuit can come in many forms such as research, invention, poetry or painting.
- Very much like the issuance of a patent by the US Patent Office on any crazy notion, implies that the idea, invention, process, actually exists or works?
- Thomas Edison's first invention was a tabulation device that showed visitors to a state legislature exactly how lawmakers were voting on every bill.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (imagination) (powers of) invention inventiva (feminine) a masterpiece of invention una obra maestra de la invención or de la imaginación 2.2 u and c (fabrication) [formal] invención (feminine)Example sentences
- When it turned out that the motorcycle story was an invention, they were even less pleased about this fantasy Web site.
- The legend of Robin Hood, inventions or stories on which intellectual property protections have lapsed, and the Linux operating system are simply not cases of ownership at all.
- Sure it might be about identity as ‘an invention based on myths and half-truths’, but is also typical of most video art - boring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.