Translation of invention in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (device, machine) invento (masculine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (devising) invención (feminine)
- Utility patents - unlike design or plant patents - are granted for inventions of machines, processes, and products.
- A shame since it includes the weapons, sabotage devices and other inventions which undoubtedly frustrated the German forces.
- In the EU, he says, IBM is one of the strongest supporters of the proposed directive on computer implemented inventions, a very controversial piece of legislation.
- Artistic pursuit can come in many forms such as research, invention, poetry or painting.
- Very much like the issuance of a patent by the US Patent Office on any crazy notion, implies that the idea, invention, process, actually exists or works?
- Thomas Edison's first invention was a tabulation device that showed visitors to a state legislature exactly how lawmakers were voting on every bill.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (imagination) (powers of) invention inventiva (feminine) a masterpiece of invention una obra maestra de la invención or de la imaginación 2.2 u and c (fabrication) [formal] invención (feminine)Example sentences
- When it turned out that the motorcycle story was an invention, they were even less pleased about this fantasy Web site.
- The legend of Robin Hood, inventions or stories on which intellectual property protections have lapsed, and the Linux operating system are simply not cases of ownership at all.
- Sure it might be about identity as ‘an invention based on myths and half-truths’, but is also typical of most video art - boring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a