Translation of inverse in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(usually before noun/generalmente delante del nombre)
- 1.1 (opposite, reversed) inverso in inverse order o sequence a la inversa, en orden inverso in inverse proportion/relation to sth en proporción/relación inversa a algo pressure and volume are in inverse proportion la presión y el volumen son inversamente proporcionales 1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [operation/element] inverso inverse function función (feminine) inversaExample sentences
- The positive sign on this effect suggests that the inverse relationship between early support from the mother and adult depressive symptoms is less substantial among male respondents.
- In theory, at least, this creates a direct, inverse relationship between the unemployment rate and the inflation rate.
- A review of 20 international studies looking into the link between the use of the oral contraceptives and rates of bowel cancer found an inverse relationship.
- He made major contributions to the inverse problem of Galois theory as well as to class field theory, thereby solving some long outstanding conjectures.
- That is addition, multiplication and the two inverse operations of subtraction and division.
- The reconstructions of outlines corresponding to extreme individuals using the inverse Fourier transform are plotted on the PC1 - PC2 projection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.