Translation of inverse in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(usually before noun/generalmente delante del nombre)
- 1.1 (opposite, reversed) inverso in inverse order o sequence a la inversa, en orden inverso in inverse proportion/relation to sth en proporción/relación inversa a algo pressure and volume are in inverse proportion la presión y el volumen son inversamente proporcionales 1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [operation/element] inverso inverse function función (feminine) inversaExample sentences
- The positive sign on this effect suggests that the inverse relationship between early support from the mother and adult depressive symptoms is less substantial among male respondents.
- In theory, at least, this creates a direct, inverse relationship between the unemployment rate and the inflation rate.
- A review of 20 international studies looking into the link between the use of the oral contraceptives and rates of bowel cancer found an inverse relationship.
- He made major contributions to the inverse problem of Galois theory as well as to class field theory, thereby solving some long outstanding conjectures.
- That is addition, multiplication and the two inverse operations of subtraction and division.
- The reconstructions of outlines corresponding to extreme individuals using the inverse Fourier transform are plotted on the PC1 - PC2 projection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.