Translation of inverse in Spanish:
adjective usually before noun
- 1 (opposite, reversed) in inverse order o sequencea la inversain inverse proportion/relation to something
en orden inversoen proporción/relación inversa a algopressure and volume are in inverse proportionla presión y el volumen son inversamente proporcionalesExample sentences
- The positive sign on this effect suggests that the inverse relationship between early support from the mother and adult depressive symptoms is less substantial among male respondents.
- In theory, at least, this creates a direct, inverse relationship between the unemployment rate and the inflation rate.
- A review of 20 international studies looking into the link between the use of the oral contraceptives and rates of bowel cancer found an inverse relationship.
- 2 (Mathematics)(operation/element)inverse function
inversofunción (feminine) inversaExample sentences
- He made major contributions to the inverse problem of Galois theory as well as to class field theory, thereby solving some long outstanding conjectures.
- That is addition, multiplication and the two inverse operations of subtraction and division.
- The reconstructions of outlines corresponding to extreme individuals using the inverse Fourier transform are plotted on the PC1 - PC2 projection.
- (no plural) the inverse (Mathematics)el inversothe inverse is also truelo inverso también es ciertoExample sentences
- Video has always articulated itself as the negative inverse of television, the conscience of television, as Avital Ronell once put it.
- Where many live albums sound more organic than their studio counterparts, the inverse is true here.
- You take a verb, put un at the beginning, and get as result another verb that expresses the opposite or inverse of the action the original verb expressed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.