Translation of irregular in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in shape, positioning) [outline/surface/pattern] irregularExample sentences1.2 (in time) [intervals/pulse] irregular to keep irregular hours tener* un horario irregular I've been a bit irregular lately [euphemistic/eufemístico] no he ido muy bien de vientre últimamente
- This irregular arrangement of atoms not only defines a substance as glass, but also determines several of its properties.
- Each panel features an elongated, irregular rectangle painted in acrylic in red, blue or black against a contrasting hue.
- It is not that Thomas deliberately creates irregular shapes.
- Income can be withdrawn at irregular intervals to suit individual circumstances as long as the payments are in accordance with the above limits.
- The rhythm is irregular, and the rate can vary or become sinus bradycardia because of the long pauses.
- At the northwest corner, three to four people smoked at irregular intervals.
- 2 (contrary to rules) inadmisible, contrario a las normas this is highly irregular esto es totalmente inadmisible it would be most irregular for me to discuss a client with you estaría totalmente fuera de lugar que yo hablara de un cliente con ustedExample sentences
- However, this was found in contradiction of OUSU rules, necessitating an irregular by-election to be held via an extraordinary meeting of the Postgraduate Assembly.
- Indicated if labour is established but the contractions are of irregular intensity or duration.
- The gentle formality of the house contrasts strongly with its irregular context and neighbouring suburban dwellings, but it does have precedents in New Zealand.
- 3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [verb/ending/plural] irregularExample sentences
- The questions required knowledge of some words, but also of an irregular verb form and some grammatical terminology.
- In some irregular verbs, these functions are served by different forms.
- Note that ‘to spy’ is always an irregular verb, only the third person form resembles the infinitive.
- 4 [Military/Militar] [troops] irregularExample sentences
- As the theatre of war moved south, so did the smallpox, primarily affecting civilians, camp followers, and irregular troops in both armies.
- Not only did he understand the new tactics, he was also able to put them into practice using a smaller army made up of irregular troops.
- In fact, regular as well as irregular troops opposed the US in many of the conflicts Boot cites.
- 5 (substandard) (American English/inglés norteamericano) defectuoso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.