Translation of irregular in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in shape, positioning)(outline/surface/pattern)Example sentences1.2 (in time)
(intervals/pulse)to keep irregular hoursI've been a bit irregular lately [euphemistic]tener un horario irregularno he ido muy bien de vientre últimamenteExample sentences
- This irregular arrangement of atoms not only defines a substance as glass, but also determines several of its properties.
- Each panel features an elongated, irregular rectangle painted in acrylic in red, blue or black against a contrasting hue.
- It is not that Thomas deliberately creates irregular shapes.
- Income can be withdrawn at irregular intervals to suit individual circumstances as long as the payments are in accordance with the above limits.
- The rhythm is irregular, and the rate can vary or become sinus bradycardia because of the long pauses.
- At the northwest corner, three to four people smoked at irregular intervals.
- 2 (contrary to rules)this is highly irregularcontrario a las normasit would be most irregular for me to discuss a client with youesto es totalmente inadmisibleestaría totalmente fuera de lugar que yo hablara de un cliente con ustedExample sentences
- However, this was found in contradiction of OUSU rules, necessitating an irregular by-election to be held via an extraordinary meeting of the Postgraduate Assembly.
- Indicated if labour is established but the contractions are of irregular intensity or duration.
- The gentle formality of the house contrasts strongly with its irregular context and neighbouring suburban dwellings, but it does have precedents in New Zealand.
- 3 (Linguistics)(verb/ending/plural)Example sentences
- The questions required knowledge of some words, but also of an irregular verb form and some grammatical terminology.
- In some irregular verbs, these functions are served by different forms.
- Note that ‘to spy’ is always an irregular verb, only the third person form resembles the infinitive.
- 4 (Military)(troops)Example sentences
- As the theatre of war moved south, so did the smallpox, primarily affecting civilians, camp followers, and irregular troops in both armies.
- Not only did he understand the new tactics, he was also able to put them into practice using a smaller army made up of irregular troops.
- In fact, regular as well as irregular troops opposed the US in many of the conflicts Boot cites.
- 1 (Military)the irregularssoldado (masculine) irregularlas tropas irregularesExample sentences
- The Filipino operational center of gravity was the ability to sustain its force of 100,000 irregulars in the field.
- While repeating the Pentagon line that these irregulars were ‘forced to fight,’ Wallace acknowledged indirectly that the US military faces a hostile population.
- Amitav Ghosh spent many weeks, at great personal risk, with the irregulars fighting the military regime in Burma.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.