Translation of irritate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (annoy) irritar, molestar the constant buzzing irritated me beyond endurance el zumbido constante me sacaba de quicio or de las casillasExample sentences
- Later that evening, Jenny remarked that she was irritated with Sara.
- Ryan asked, but Meg could tell he wasn't irritated; his tone was teasingly amiable.
- The situation was made worse when Jason made a remark that had irritated her.
- 2 (make sore) [skin/scalp/membrane] irritarExample sentences
- The top of the femoral canal may be reinforced by a mesh made of a synthetic material that does not irritate the body.
- Without the protection of the eyelid, the inside of the eyelid and the surface of your eye may become dry, irritated and inflamed.
- Every single square inch of your body is irritated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to