Translation of irritate in Spanish:
- 1 (annoy) the constant buzzing irritated me beyond enduranceel zumbido constante me sacaba de quicio or de las casillasExample sentences
- Later that evening, Jenny remarked that she was irritated with Sara.
- Ryan asked, but Meg could tell he wasn't irritated; his tone was teasingly amiable.
- The situation was made worse when Jason made a remark that had irritated her.
- 2 (make sore)(skin/scalp/membrane)Example sentences
- The top of the femoral canal may be reinforced by a mesh made of a synthetic material that does not irritate the body.
- Without the protection of the eyelid, the inside of the eyelid and the surface of your eye may become dry, irritated and inflamed.
- Every single square inch of your body is irritated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.