- 1 [Geography/Geografía] isla (feminine) an island of sanity in the midst of the urban chaos un remanso en medio del caos urbano (before noun/delante del nombre) island communities tend to be conservative las comunidades insulares tienden a ser conservadoras he was welcomed by the island community los isleños le dieron la bienvenidaMore example sentences
- The water which surrounds the island is a rich fishing ground for tuna and mackerel.
- The world's smallest lizard has been discovered on a tiny Caribbean island off the coast of the Dominican Republic.
- The tiny uninhabited island is in the Sea of Japan halfway between the Korean Peninsula and Japan.
- 2 (in road) isla (feminine)More example sentences
- There is ample land available at the eastern end to cater for a proper island and traffic calming zone.
- They have put traffic calming islands in the road, but lorries just swerve round them like juggernauts.
- I'm not talking about speed cameras, but traffic lights, pedestrian islands etc.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.