Translation of isolate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (keep apart) to isolate sth/sb (
fromsth/sb) aislar* algo/a algn ( dealgo/algn)Example sentences
- First of all, we put ourselves in a position where we were really isolated from our friends and family.
- We were well isolated from the run-down neighborhoods and troubled conditions of the city.
- We are really isolated from the rest of our planet.
- 2 2.1 (pick out, separate) [cause/problem] aislar* to isolate sth
fromsth separar or desligar* algo dealgo the act cannot be isolated from its consequences el acto no se puede desligar de sus consecuencias 2.2 (in technical senses) [virus/substance/circuit] aislar*Example sentences
- How are connections to customer networks isolated?
- Gas and electricity engineers were called to isolate the supplies.
- In event of a thermal runaway, electrical power should be isolated, and no attempt should be made to handle or move the battery for at least 30 minutes.
- But first, they had to isolate the compound in pure form.
- However, it was not until the early nineteenth century that these compounds were reproducibly isolated and analyzed.
- Total yeast RNA was isolated by hot phenol extraction.
- The goal is to identify and isolate three dozen such targets that could be destroyed by precision strikes.
- Once that trend is identified, we can isolate the cause through other means and look at ways of addressing more specific problems.
- To reach the right solution, isolate what's causing the problem.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the