Translation of isolated in Spanish:
- 1.1 (cut off, remote) [place] aislado he leads a very isolated life lleva una vida muy solitaria he felt completely isolated in his grief se sentía totalmente aislado en su dolorExample sentences1.2 (infrequent) [incident/case] aislado
- Denmark's orderly agricultural landscape is richly studded with traditional buildings including country estates, villages and isolated farms.
- Smaller villages, depressed coalfield areas and more remote or isolated settlements are more likely to experience pub closures.
- The north part of Belgium consists of isolated farms between villages, while the south tends to contain larger groups of farms.
- I recount this, not to boost my ego nor to base my belief in the goodwill of youth on this single and isolated incident.
- In any event, this appeared to be a single isolated incident.
- There were differences between late and early students in understanding normal English speech, isolated sentences, and single vocabulary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.