Translation of isolated in Spanish:
- 1.1 (cut off, remote) [place] aislado he leads a very isolated life lleva una vida muy solitaria he felt completely isolated in his grief se sentía totalmente aislado en su dolorExample sentences1.2 (infrequent) [incident/case] aislado
- Denmark's orderly agricultural landscape is richly studded with traditional buildings including country estates, villages and isolated farms.
- Smaller villages, depressed coalfield areas and more remote or isolated settlements are more likely to experience pub closures.
- The north part of Belgium consists of isolated farms between villages, while the south tends to contain larger groups of farms.
- I recount this, not to boost my ego nor to base my belief in the goodwill of youth on this single and isolated incident.
- In any event, this appeared to be a single isolated incident.
- There were differences between late and early students in understanding normal English speech, isolated sentences, and single vocabulary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.