noun/nombre (plural -muses)
- 1 [Geography/Geografía] istmo (masculine) the Isthmus of Corinth el istmo de CorintoMore example sentences
- Land routes are really old, especially through isthmuses.
- The British arrived almost a century ago to build the railroad that slices across the isthmus, linking the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.
- Only one study to date has used calibration points from the fossil record to estimate the divergence of sister species distributed on both sides of the isthmus.
- 2 [Anatomy/Anatomía] istmo (masculine)More example sentences
- Thoracic aortic injuries most often occur at the aortic isthmus in the majority of the cases.
- It has 2 lobes, called the right lobe and the left lobe, joined by a narrow isthmus.
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.