n (pl -muses)
- 1 [Geog] istmo (m) the Isthmus of Corinth el istmo de CorintoMore example sentences
- Land routes are really old, especially through isthmuses.
- The British arrived almost a century ago to build the railroad that slices across the isthmus, linking the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.
- Only one study to date has used calibration points from the fossil record to estimate the divergence of sister species distributed on both sides of the isthmus.
- 2 [Anat] istmo (m)More example sentences
- Thoracic aortic injuries most often occur at the aortic isthmus in the majority of the cases.
- It has 2 lobes, called the right lobe and the left lobe, joined by a narrow isthmus.
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.