- 1 (replacing noun — as direct object) lo, ; (— as indirect object) le; (— as subject, after prep) gen not translated it's enormous es enorme there's nothing behind/on top of it no hay nada detrás/encima don't sign it no lo/la firmes sign it fírmalo/fírmala I gave it another coat of paint le di otra mano de pintura stop it! ¡ya está bien!, ¡basta! I don't understand it no lo entiendo it's all lies son todas mentiras damn/blast it! ¡maldita sea! [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
More example sentences
- The great thing about an event like this is that it involves people from all walks of life and there is a real sense of camaraderie.
- Mrs. Henderson walked into the room holding a tray with his breakfast on it.
- But one voice truly stood out - and it did not belong to any of the private school pupils in the show.
- When it gets cold in Chicago, the snow way up to my knees, I still wear my sandals.
- It was now past ten o'clock.
- I hear it might snow tonight.
- 2 (introducing person, thing, event) who is it? ¿quién es? it's me soy yo it's Bill es Bill it was you, wasn't it? fuiste tú ¿no? what is it you want me to do? ¿qué es lo que quieres que haga? while you're at it ya que estás (en ello) don't worry, I'll see to it no te preocupes, yo me encargo (de ello) it's his attitude that I don't like su actitud es lo que no me gusta it was a dress, not a blouse she bought fue un vestido, no una blusa lo que compró a little higher up … that's it! un poco más arriba … ¡ahí está! or ¡eso es! one more and that's it uno más y ya está or se acabó he's very ambitious — that's just it! es muy ambicioso — ¡precisamente ahí está el problema! that's it, then bueno, ya está
- 3 (in impersonal constructions) it's good to see you da gusto verte it's raining/snowing está lloviendo/nevando it's hot/cold hace calor/frío it's two o'clock son las dos how long is it since we met? ¿cuánto hace que nos conocimos? it's been five years since I saw you hace cinco años que no te veo it would appear so así or eso parece it says here that … aquí dice que … it is known/said/believed that … se sabe/dice/cree que …