Translation of itch in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(scalp/toe)my nose itches
picar + me/te/le etcme pica la narizmy/her eyes itchme/le pican los ojosI itch all overme pica todo el cuerpoExample sentences1.2 (be impatient, eager) [colloquial]to be itching to +
- They itch just like mosquito bites but without the big slow mosquito to squish.
- The bite itched like the world, but I resisted the urge to scratch it.
- Her head was itching like crazy and her hair felt lank and greasy.
infinitive/ forsomethinghe was itching to tell herestaba que se moría por decírselo [colloquial]she is itching for a chance to appear on TVse muere or (in Spain also) se pirra por salir en la tele [colloquial]Example sentences
- But Royer was a bit restless and was itching to ratchet things up a notch.
- It was as if it was beckoning me outside and I itched to join it.
- It has strong European flavours and is itching to be taken seriously.
- 2(wool/underwear) (cause irritation)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.