Translation of ivory in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (material) marfil (masculine) she collects ivory colecciona objetos de marfil to tickle the ivories [slang/argot] [dated/anticuado] tocar* el pianoExample sentences1.2 (color) (color (masculine)) marfil (masculine)
- South Africa and Namibia seek amendments to regulations on trade in ivory from elephant tusks which CITES banned in 1989.
- Back then they were taking ivory from elephants and walruses.
- Rather than being carved in elephant ivory, they have been made from a walrus tusk, a material commonly used in northern Europe for such objects at this time.
- Olivia wore an ivory satin and net dress and carried a hand-tied bouquet of burgundy calla lilies.
- The walls were a soft ivory and the ceiling was artistic, like those in Italian churches.
- Softness emerged in flou with various artsy embroideries, and in a divine dress made from rows of frayed silk in ivory, brown and aqua.
- [paint/table] de color marfil; [skin] marfil (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.