Translation of ivory in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1.1 (material) she collects ivoryto tickle the ivories [slang] [dated]colecciona objetos de marfiltocar el pianoExample sentences1.2 (color)
- South Africa and Namibia seek amendments to regulations on trade in ivory from elephant tusks which CITES banned in 1989.
- Back then they were taking ivory from elephants and walruses.
- Rather than being carved in elephant ivory, they have been made from a walrus tusk, a material commonly used in northern Europe for such objects at this time.
- Olivia wore an ivory satin and net dress and carried a hand-tied bouquet of burgundy calla lilies.
- The walls were a soft ivory and the ceiling was artistic, like those in Italian churches.
- Softness emerged in flou with various artsy embroideries, and in a divine dress made from rows of frayed silk in ivory, brown and aqua.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.