- 1 [Clothing] chaqueta (f)(sports jacket)americana (f), saco (m) (sport) (AmL)More example sentences
- Often featuring a snap front and drawstring waist, this jacket maybe lined or unlined.
- The popular lengths for jackets this fall are waist length, three-quarter length and trench coat length.
- I reached into the front pocket of my jacket and took out a small business card.
- 2 2.1 (of book) sobrecubierta (f), camisa (f) 2.2 (of record) (AmE) funda (f), carátula (f) 2.3 (for documents) (AmE) carpeta (f)More example sentences
- You may not have heard of House Industries, but you will undoubtedly have seen their work, be it on book jackets, CD covers or in the typography of advertising.
- A selection of books are on display with a summary of the story covering the book jacket.
- The atmosphere is literary, with the walls covered in huge posters of book jackets of American literary masterpieces.
- 3 (of potato) (BrE) potatoes in their jackets, jacket potatoes papas (fpl) asadas (con la cáscara) (AmL) patatas (fpl) asadas (con la piel) (Esp)
- 4 (of boiler, engine) funda (f)More example sentences
- If you have a conventional water heater, give it a wrap as well with an insulated jacket that will help prevent energy loss.
- Bosch designed a thin inner liner of soft steel that sealed the gases in, its pressure load supported by a stout perforated steel jacket.
- Similarly, a steel and concrete jacket was secured to the swing span central pier in 1936.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...