- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] chaqueta (feminine)(sports jacket)americana (f), saco (m) (sport) (Latin America/América Latina)More example sentences
- Often featuring a snap front and drawstring waist, this jacket maybe lined or unlined.
- The popular lengths for jackets this fall are waist length, three-quarter length and trench coat length.
- I reached into the front pocket of my jacket and took out a small business card.
- 2 2.1 (of book) sobrecubierta (f), camisa (f) 2.2 (of record) (American English/inglés norteamericano) funda (f), carátula (f) 2.3 (for documents) (American English/inglés norteamericano) carpeta (feminine)More example sentences
- You may not have heard of House Industries, but you will undoubtedly have seen their work, be it on book jackets, CD covers or in the typography of advertising.
- A selection of books are on display with a summary of the story covering the book jacket.
- The atmosphere is literary, with the walls covered in huge posters of book jackets of American literary masterpieces.
- 3 (of potato) (British English/inglés británico) potatoes in their jackets, jacket potatoes papas (feminine plural) asadas (con la cáscara) (Latin America/América Latina) patatas (feminine plural) asadas (con la piel) (Spain/España)
- 4 (of boiler, engine) funda (feminine)More example sentences
- If you have a conventional water heater, give it a wrap as well with an insulated jacket that will help prevent energy loss.
- Bosch designed a thin inner liner of soft steel that sealed the gases in, its pressure load supported by a stout perforated steel jacket.
- Similarly, a steel and concrete jacket was secured to the swing span central pier in 1936.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)