Translation of jacket in Spanish:
- 1 (Clothing)also: sports jacketExample sentences
- Often featuring a snap front and drawstring waist, this jacket maybe lined or unlined.
- The popular lengths for jackets this fall are waist length, three-quarter length and trench coat length.
- I reached into the front pocket of my jacket and took out a small business card.
- 2 2.1 (of book)Example sentences2.2 (of record) (US) 2.3 (for documents) (US)
- You may not have heard of House Industries, but you will undoubtedly have seen their work, be it on book jackets, CD covers or in the typography of advertising.
- A selection of books are on display with a summary of the story covering the book jacket.
- The atmosphere is literary, with the walls covered in huge posters of book jackets of American literary masterpieces.
- 3 (of potato) (British) potatoes in their jackets, jacket potatoespapas (feminine plural) asadas (con la cáscara) (Latin America)
patatas (feminine plural) asadas (con la piel) (Spain)
- 4 (of boiler, engine)Example sentences
- If you have a conventional water heater, give it a wrap as well with an insulated jacket that will help prevent energy loss.
- Bosch designed a thin inner liner of soft steel that sealed the gases in, its pressure load supported by a stout perforated steel jacket.
- Similarly, a steel and concrete jacket was secured to the swing span central pier in 1936.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.