n (pl -knives)
- 1 (knife) navaja (f)More example sentences
- Adam had chosen a jackknife rather than a fixed blade.
- With a jackknife, he whittled a point on a thin green stick pulled from a maple branch.
- Pen clips, protractors, and jackknives have left hacked shapes to tell people how dull it all was when they sat here.
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.
- [truck] plegarse*More example sentences
- Mr William tried to slow down by pumping his brakes but the vehicle jackknifed in the road while trying to avoid Mr Utting.
- The snow came down in handfuls and cars jackknifed to the left and right of us as we drove east on unplowed streets.
- A double-semi had jackknifed, neatly shutting down four lanes.