Translation of jaw in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 mandíbula (feminine); (esp of animal) quijada (feminine) the lower/upper jaw el maxilar inferior/superior his jaw dropped se quedó boquiabiertoExample sentences1.2
(jaws plural)fauces (feminine plural) the jaws of death las garras de la muerte to pluck o snatch victory from the jaws of defeat ganar cuando todo parece estar perdido 1.3 (of tool) mordaza (feminine)Example sentences
- In others, the way the upper and lower jaws meet can cause teeth to look unsightly and lead to an incorrect bite. Orthodontic treatment may be able to correct this.
- Full dentures are needed when there are no teeth left in the upper or lower jaw.
- Ruminants also lack incisors in the upper jaw, and most lack canines in the upper jaw as well.
- Cover the jaws of wrenches or vices with electrician's tape.
- Finally, the bucking pipe is gripped by the mechanical jaws of a massive clamp.
- Make sure the jaws of the wrench or pliers are snug in position before you manipulate the handle, to avoid slippage or scraped knuckles.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo[colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.