Translation of jelly in Spanish:
noun plural jelliesuncountable or countable
- 1 (Cookery) 1.1 (clear jam) 1.2 (savory)gelatina (feminine)
aspic (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (as dessert) (British English)
- There's hardly a bit of a pig you can't eat, from the head boiled up in a stewy soup to the trotters with their savoury jelly and morsels of meat.
- It tasted like eating a hunk of quivering meat jelly.
- Slow cooked, the sinew that makes meat tough becomes jelly.
- They made apple jelly with the apples from the orchard.
- Tart lemon jelly and crumbly crumbles went very well together, I thought.
- Pour the custard off and just eat the jelly.
- 2 (gelatinous substance) my legs felt like jellysentía que me temblaban las piernasExample sentences
- HIV positive women can use diaphragms and cervical caps for birth control, with spermicidal cream or jelly.
- After peeling off outer skin, they polish it with castor oil, cactus jelly, curd, ghee and turmeric powder to make it smooth and slippery.
- Spermicide comes as a foam, jelly, or cream, and kills sperm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.