Translation of jelly in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -lies)u and c
- 1 [Cookery/Cocina] 1.1 (clear jam) jalea (feminine) 1.2 (savory) gelatina (feminine), aspic (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (as dessert) (British English/inglés británico) gelatina (feminine)
- There's hardly a bit of a pig you can't eat, from the head boiled up in a stewy soup to the trotters with their savoury jelly and morsels of meat.
- It tasted like eating a hunk of quivering meat jelly.
- Slow cooked, the sinew that makes meat tough becomes jelly.
- They made apple jelly with the apples from the orchard.
- Tart lemon jelly and crumbly crumbles went very well together, I thought.
- Pour the custard off and just eat the jelly.
- 2 (gelatinous substance) gelatina (feminine) my legs felt like jelly sentía que me temblaban las piernasExample sentences
- HIV positive women can use diaphragms and cervical caps for birth control, with spermicidal cream or jelly.
- After peeling off outer skin, they polish it with castor oil, cactus jelly, curd, ghee and turmeric powder to make it smooth and slippery.
- Spermicide comes as a foam, jelly, or cream, and kills sperm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...