n (pl -lies)u c
- 1 [Culin] 1.1 (clear jam) jalea (f) 1.2 (savory) gelatina (f), aspic (m)More example sentences1.3 (as dessert) (BrE) gelatina (f)
More example sentences
- There's hardly a bit of a pig you can't eat, from the head boiled up in a stewy soup to the trotters with their savoury jelly and morsels of meat.
- It tasted like eating a hunk of quivering meat jelly.
- Slow cooked, the sinew that makes meat tough becomes jelly.
- They made apple jelly with the apples from the orchard.
- Tart lemon jelly and crumbly crumbles went very well together, I thought.
- Pour the custard off and just eat the jelly.
- 2 (gelatinous substance) gelatina (f) my legs felt like jelly sentía que me temblaban las piernasMore example sentences
- HIV positive women can use diaphragms and cervical caps for birth control, with spermicidal cream or jelly.
- After peeling off outer skin, they polish it with castor oil, cactus jelly, curd, ghee and turmeric powder to make it smooth and slippery.
- Spermicide comes as a foam, jelly, or cream, and kills sperm.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.