adjective jerkier, jerkiest
- 1 (not smooth)(speech)he walked with short, jerky strides
entrecortadocaminaba dando saltitosit was a jerky ridefuimos ( or fueron etc. ) dando botes por el caminoExample sentences
- The car squeaks to a halt and she glares at him because of his jerky stop.
- Focus on keeping your movements smooth and fluid rather than abrupt and jerky.
- They watched silently as the old plane lumbered over to gate 2, discharging a huge, billowing black cloud as it rolled to a jerky stop.
noununcountable (US) (Cooking)
- Example sentences
- The younger girl had fallen asleep, curled up in her blanket and still clutching the strip of beef jerky.
- The slices of deep red sausage had the pungent flavour of barbecued pork, quite similar to a sweet beef jerky.
- We saw strips of deep red beef jerky, sheets of golden-colored glucose that looked like glass, orange rind and salmon skin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.