Translation of jersey in Spanish:
noun plural -seys
- 1 1.1 countable (sports shirt)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (fabric) a wool jersey dress
un vestido de jersey or (Spain) de punto de lanaExample sentences
- Suede also proved that urban fashion isn't always about baggy jeans, jerseys and Snoop Dogg.
- Do they simply add them to their jersey pockets or do they attach them to their bodies under their jerseys?
- He was wondering why no one had noticed that he liked to wear long sleeves under his jersey.
Example sentences1.3 countable (British English) → sweater
- When I moved my trade show uniform from an ottoman rib to a jersey knit, he adjusted the tape to make the new shirts look better than the old ones.
- She settles on insulated booties, oversize pedals, and a clear slicker, which she slips over her jersey.
- I wiped the smile right off her face, she says, like she used to wipe her school slate clean with a bit of spit and an unwinding jersey sleeve.
- Stretch shiny silk satin, light stretch silk twill, jersey, nylon taffeta, and leather dominate the collection.
- I love working with jersey fabrics because it's easy to wear and comfortably drapes over a women's frame.
- The fabrics are understated, using simple knits, jersey cotton and moleskins.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to