- 1(American English) [colloquial] (toilet)Example sentences
- Every one of the eight guest rooms has its own john and shower, and there's a raised open-air common kitchen and sitting room.
- Other symbolism occurs as well, such as almost all the johns being named John, along with the star and two other characters.
- The Mississippi also had trough type urinals and unwalled johns in the heads, and salt water showers.
- 2(American English) [slang] (prostitute's client)Example sentences
- Despite the widespread belief of my older johns that all prostitutes were lesbians and vice versa, I found little overlap of those two communities.
- The real enemies, for Ross, aren't the johns or the violent clients, or even the police, but feminists and government aid staff.
- The answer seems to depend on who is being scrutinised - the prostitute or the john.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.