- 1 (verbal) chiste (m); (directed at sb) broma (f) to tell o crack a joke contar* un chiste they made endless jokes about my new hairstyle no paraban de reírse de or de tomarme el pelo por mi nuevo peinado I can't see the joke no le veo la gracia, no veo qué tiene de gracioso he can't take a joke no se le puede hacer or no sabe aceptar una broma we chatted and had a few jokes together charlamos y nos reímos un rato I didn't mean it, it was only a joke no lo dije en serio, era solo una broma or iba en broma it's beyond a joke se pasa de castaño oscuro it's no joke maldita la gracia que tiene [familiar/colloquial] the joke's on her/me/them le/me/les salió el tiro por la culata [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
More example sentences
- Bill Cosby may have gained his fame and fortune telling jokes and funny stories.
- He always had a great sense of humour and even during his illness he could still tell a joke or funny story.
- He tells the funniest jokes and stories and he ends up dominating every conversation.
- Speeches often take place on a raised stage at the front, and this area also acts as the setting for many of the jokes and tricks played on the new couple.
- Jay knew she wasn't invited, and this was all a big joke… a trick!
- Either way, the point was, it was all a trick, a joke, a scam - whatever you wanted to call it.
- 2 2.1(practical joke)broma (f) to play a joke on sb hacerle* or gastarle una broma a algn is that your idea of a joke? ¿a ti te parece gracioso eso? we did it for a joke lo hicimos para reírnos 2.2 (novelty item) (BrE) artículo (m) de broma, pega (f) (Col) ; (before n) [mustache] de pega, de mentira joke shop tienda (f) de artículos de broma
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.
- bromear, vacilar don't joke about religion with him con él no bromees or no hagas bromas sobre religión lend you money? you must be o have to be joking! ¿prestarte dinero? ¡tú debes estar loco! or ¡ni loco que estuviera! I was only joking, of course it's not true era un chiste or lo dije en broma, claro que no es ciertoMore example sentences
- The commentators joke with each other in the easy manner that comes with long hours spent together.
- I joke about the stalking stuff on the other blog.
- People ask me that all the time and they joke with me.