Translation of jolt in Spanish:
- the cart jolted along the pathel carro iba traqueteando or dando tumbos por el caminothe train jolted, and I spilled my coffeeel tren dio or pegó una sacudida y se me derramó el caféExample sentences
- After a few minutes the wagon jolted and moved on the track and then there was a sudden thud that almost made Bligh cry out in fright.
- Tristyn screamed and jolted upward and moved her legs in a quick manner in an attempt to escape as quickly as possible.
- All of a sudden, the ship jolted from sided to side as if a wave had tried to push it over.
- 1 (jar) the sudden stop jolted me out of my seatel frenazo repentino me hizo salir disparado del asientoshe jolted his armle movió el brazoExample sentences
- Phoenix planted his foot on the accelerator jolting the vehicle forward.
- Renae jolted her leg forward at him, kicking Trent's legs crossed on the floor.
- Ian twisted his body sideways and banged his hip into the frame of the chair, jolting the rear wheels over the edge of the curb.
- 2 (shock) I was jolted by the sightver aquello me sobresaltóthis jolted him out of his inertiaesto lo sacudió, sacándolo de su inerciathe report jolted them into actionel informe hizo que se dispusieran a actuar de inmediatoExample sentences
- Through this work, he hopes to create a sort of electric shock that will jolt the audience into seeing what hides behind the image.
- This latest atrocity has sent a fresh shock wave to jolt us out of our complacency.
- The sort of shock we are in now could jolt us out of our determination to squander every human and natural resource in the pursuit of money and power for some, poverty for most.
- 1 (jar) she awoke with a joltse despertó sobresaltadashare prices have come down with a jolt this weeklas acciones han dado un bajón esta semanaExample sentences
- Any movement shot jolts of electricity to my toes, curling them in pain.
- Solicitor Susan Stephenson was working on some papers when there was a violent jolt and she realised the carriage was going over.
- Suddenly the room started shaking, then, with a violent jolt, it stopped.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.