Translation of jostle in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- empujar people jostled one another la gente se empujaba or se daba empujones or empellones he was jostled by protestors as he left al salir fue zarandeado por unos manifestantesExample sentences
- Within seconds, we were surrounded by police, pushing and jostling us and telling us we couldn't go forward.
- On it, you're constantly jostled, poked, elbowed and stepped on by your boogieing neighbours.
- As I was jostled and bumped into the washroom, I saw a sight that would change my life forever.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- people were jostling trying to get out la gente se empujaba tratando de salirto jostle
forsth hundreds of customers jostling for service cientos de clientes peleando por ser atendidos the number of students jostling for a few places el número de estudiantes que se disputan unos pocos lugares among the problems jostling for my attention … entre los problemas que reclaman or se disputan mi atención …Example sentences
- Always painfully aware of their place in the pecking-order, they struggle and jostle for position.
- In a competitive market where hundreds of brand names jostle for attention, several are emerging as the next big thing.
- We're both talkers, forever jostling for the other's ear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.