Translation of judgment in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable 1.1 (Law) to pass judgment on something/somebodyto sit in judgment over somebodyjuzgar algo/a alguienenjuiciar a alguienExample sentences1.2 (Religion)
the Last Judgmentcastigo (masculine) de Diosthe Day of Judgmentel Juicio Finalel día del Juicio FinalExample sentences
- A motion by the Plaintiffs for a summary judgment as to the Defendants' liability and negligence was dismissed.
- When reviewing cases, councils will also need to take into account any fresh case law judgments from the Appeal Court that may be relevant.
- This nuanced study of the U.K. shows how difficult it can be to really tell if Strasbourg judgments and decisions have in practice been properly executed.
- In this modern perspective, the death penalty expresses not the divine judgment on objective evil but rather the collective anger of the group.
- So, Sue asked the DUP councillor, could Katrina have been a divine judgement on born-again Christians?
- His death is the divine judgment on me and my sins which he, the blessed Lamb of God, took instead of me.
- 2 2.1 uncountable and countable (estimation) 2.2 uncountable and countable (view) I did not have enough information to form a judgmentwhat's your judgment on this?no tenía suficiente información como para formarme una opiniónmy judgment is that …¿tú qué opinas de esto?I reserve judgment on thatyo opino or juzgo que …in my judgmentsobre eso todavía no puedo dar una opinióna mi juicioExample sentences
- The underwriter might also charge higher rates based upon subjective judgements and conclusions from their analysis of your property values.
- Naturally, when making such decisions, one's own culture and pre-conditioned opinions and judgments are strong influences.
- But when the public world doesn't hold to the idea of cultural value, their judgements are merely personal opinions.
- 3 uncountable (sense, discernment) See examples: a person of judgmentan error of judgmentuna persona de criterioI lent him the money against my better judgmentuna equivocaciónun desaciertole presté el dinero sabiendo que era un errorExample sentences
- That her decision was a reasonable decision, in her judgment - in his judgment, I mean.
- Ten more patients like this simply increases the capacity for those making the decisions to make errors in their judgment.
- He felt safe with women because they were easier in their judgment of his abilities and feelings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to