Translation of judgment in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable 1.1 (Law) to pass judgment on something/somebodyjuzgar algo/a alguiento sit in judgment over somebodyenjuiciar a alguienExample sentences1.2 (Religion)
castigo (masculine) de Diosthe Last Judgmentel Juicio Finalthe Day of Judgmentel día del Juicio FinalExample sentences
- A motion by the Plaintiffs for a summary judgment as to the Defendants' liability and negligence was dismissed.
- When reviewing cases, councils will also need to take into account any fresh case law judgments from the Appeal Court that may be relevant.
- This nuanced study of the U.K. shows how difficult it can be to really tell if Strasbourg judgments and decisions have in practice been properly executed.
- In this modern perspective, the death penalty expresses not the divine judgment on objective evil but rather the collective anger of the group.
- So, Sue asked the DUP councillor, could Katrina have been a divine judgement on born-again Christians?
- His death is the divine judgment on me and my sins which he, the blessed Lamb of God, took instead of me.
- 2 2.1 uncountable or countable (estimation)Example sentences2.2 uncountable or countable (view) I did not have enough information to form a judgment
no tenía suficiente información como para formarme una opiniónwhat's your judgment on this?¿tú qué opinas de esto?my judgment is that …yo opino or juzgo que …I reserve judgment on thatsobre eso todavía no puedo dar una opiniónin my judgmenta mi juicio
- The underwriter might also charge higher rates based upon subjective judgements and conclusions from their analysis of your property values.
- Naturally, when making such decisions, one's own culture and pre-conditioned opinions and judgments are strong influences.
- But when the public world doesn't hold to the idea of cultural value, their judgements are merely personal opinions.
- 3 uncountable (sense, discernment) a person of judgmentuna persona de criterioan error of judgmentuna equivocaciónI lent him the money against my better judgment
un desaciertole presté el dinero sabiendo que era un errorExample sentences
- That her decision was a reasonable decision, in her judgment - in his judgment, I mean.
- Ten more patients like this simply increases the capacity for those making the decisions to make errors in their judgment.
- He felt safe with women because they were easier in their judgment of his abilities and feelings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.