Translation of jug in Spanish:
- 1(large) jarra (feminine)(for milk, cream) jarrita (feminine)Example sentences
- Place the lavender flowers in a wide jug and pour the cream over them.
- Beat the rest of the sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla in a jug and pour over the croissants.
- Supposedly, this is a guy pouring water from a jug.
- From behind the fridge door, Allan peered out with his mouth leaving a soda jug.
- Do not, under any circumstances, place the juice in a jug, stopper the jug with a cork, and allow it to sit in a cool, dry place for eighteen to twenty-one days.
- Ellie enters the room carrying a kettle and a jug containing milk.
- 2 (prison) [slang]he's in (the) jugestá a la sombra [colloquial]está en chirona (Spain) [slang]está en el tambo (Mexico) [slang]está en (la) cana (South America) [slang]Example sentences
- If I wasn't put in the jug, they wanted to kill me.
- Crenshaw has spent long enough in the jug to know what he is talking about, but his crimes have always been those of stupidity rather than those of a hardened career criminal.
transitive verb present participle jugging past tense, past participle jugged
- 1 (Cooking)Example sentences
- I remember still the rich, dense jugged hare I ate then, served from its own shining copper pot; 25 years on, jugged hare is still on the menu although today the marinade contains Chinese five spices.
- The seven-course meal included such delicacies as oyster sauce, jugged hare and a topical Alexandra pudding.
- The recipe for northern Italian jugged hare also incorporates a little chocolate at the end.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.