Translation of jug in Spanish:
- 1 (large) jarra (feminine); (for milk, cream) jarrita (feminine)Example sentences
- Place the lavender flowers in a wide jug and pour the cream over them.
- Beat the rest of the sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla in a jug and pour over the croissants.
- Supposedly, this is a guy pouring water from a jug.
- From behind the fridge door, Allan peered out with his mouth leaving a soda jug.
- Do not, under any circumstances, place the juice in a jug, stopper the jug with a cork, and allow it to sit in a cool, dry place for eighteen to twenty-one days.
- Ellie enters the room carrying a kettle and a jug containing milk.
- 2 (prison) [slang/argot] he's in (the) jug está a la sombra [colloquial/familiar], está en chirona (Spain/España) or (Mexico/México) en el tambo or (South America/América del Sur) en (la) cana [slang/argot]Example sentences
- If I wasn't put in the jug, they wanted to kill me.
- Crenshaw has spent long enough in the jug to know what he is talking about, but his crimes have always been those of stupidity rather than those of a hardened career criminal.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- 1 [Cookery/Cocina] cocer*
- 2 (prosecute and imprison) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], procesar y poner* entre rejas [colloquial/familiar], procesar y encanar or (Spain/España) enchironar [colloquial/familiar], procesar y meter en el bote (Mexico/México) (Venezuela) [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.