Translation of juice in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable 1.1 (from fruit, meat)(fruit drink) jugo (masculine)it cooks in its own juices
zumo (masculine) (esp Spain)se cuece en su propio jugo→ stew 3Example sentences
- Once the cheese has melted, add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mustard and all of the herbs and spices to the white sauce then add lemon juice.
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and herbs in a small saucepan.
Example sentences1.2 (Physiology)
- Since the surgery, the woman has eaten strawberries and chocolate and drunk coffee and fruit juice, her doctors said.
- Choose water, club soda, diet soda, fruit juice, tea and coffee first.
- I drink only orange juice, never tea or coffee, which would only increase my level of impatience.
- Cook meat thoroughly; juices should be brown, not pink or red.
- Pour on the marinade juices and cook for one hour in a medium oven.
- Pass the cooking juices through a food mill into a saucepan and stir in the lemon juice.
- Artichoke leaf extract stimulates digestive juices like saliva and bile to help you break down food.
- The pancreas makes and secretes digestive juices and enzymes, which help break down fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- It usually starts in the inner lining of the tube that the digestive juices flow through.
- 2 uncountable [slang] 2.1 (liquid fuel) 2.2 (electricity)luz (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences2.3 (vitality) (US) she's still full of juice
sigue tan llena de vidaExample sentences2.4 (alcohol) (US) he's hitting the juice again
- Switches, outlets and fixtures are the gateways through which your electrical juice pours.
- There is no need to wait on the engine as there is plenty of electric juice to launch the vehicle.
- You need electric juice to mix up all those fruity summer drinks to be enjoyed poolside.
le está dando a la bebida otra vez [colloquial]
- When we're excited about a project, our creative juices and mental faculties are in full gear.
- My creative juices boil at the prospect of national stardom.
- Flavors get lighter and fruitier in the spring and that sap-rising energy gets creative juices flowing, and pouring.
- My mother had often sprinkled the multifaceted, ruby-like pomegranate seeds on fruit salads at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I had never considered juicing the fruit.
- Eating the fruit or extracting the seeds and juicing them is time-consuming and messy (the juice stains).
- If people don't like eating vegetables, they suggest juicing them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.