Translation of juice in Spanish:
- 1 u and c 1.1 (from fruit, meat) jugo (masculine); (fruit drink) jugo (masculine), zumo (masculine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) it cooks in its own juices se cuece en su propio jugo stew 3Example sentences
- Once the cheese has melted, add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mustard and all of the herbs and spices to the white sauce then add lemon juice.
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and herbs in a small saucepan.
Example sentences1.2 [Physiology/Fisiología] jugo (masculine)
- Since the surgery, the woman has eaten strawberries and chocolate and drunk coffee and fruit juice, her doctors said.
- Choose water, club soda, diet soda, fruit juice, tea and coffee first.
- I drink only orange juice, never tea or coffee, which would only increase my level of impatience.
- Cook meat thoroughly; juices should be brown, not pink or red.
- Pour on the marinade juices and cook for one hour in a medium oven.
- Pass the cooking juices through a food mill into a saucepan and stir in the lemon juice.
- Artichoke leaf extract stimulates digestive juices like saliva and bile to help you break down food.
- The pancreas makes and secretes digestive juices and enzymes, which help break down fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- It usually starts in the inner lining of the tube that the digestive juices flow through.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [slang/argot] 2.1 (liquid fuel) combustible (masculine) 2.2 (electricity) luz (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences2.3 (vitality) (American English/inglés norteamericano) vida (feminine) she's still full of juice sigue tan llena de vida
Example sentences2.4 (alcohol) (American English/inglés norteamericano) bebida (feminine) he's hitting the juice again le está dando a la bebida otra vez [colloquial/familiar]
- Switches, outlets and fixtures are the gateways through which your electrical juice pours.
- There is no need to wait on the engine as there is plenty of electric juice to launch the vehicle.
- You need electric juice to mix up all those fruity summer drinks to be enjoyed poolside.
- When we're excited about a project, our creative juices and mental faculties are in full gear.
- My creative juices boil at the prospect of national stardom.
- Flavors get lighter and fruitier in the spring and that sap-rising energy gets creative juices flowing, and pouring.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [lemon/orange] exprimir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to