Translation of jury in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 (Law) trial by juryjuicio (masculine) ante juradoto serve/sit on a juryser miembro de un juradothe jury is outel jurado está deliberando(before noun) to do jury duty o (in British English also) serviceser miembro de un juradoExample sentences
- Yesterday at Salisbury Crown Court the jury returned a majority verdict of guilty.
- The coroner accordingly left that verdict to the jury, and the jury returned a unanimous verdict of unlawful killing.
- After deliberating for just over two and a half hours the jury returned a unanimous verdict of guilty of manslaughter.
- 2 (for contest)Example sentences
- Every three years, a jury selects a person considered to be the most promising director in Ontario.
- The jury has selected the film under the non-feature film category, say the producers.
- The jury selected by the organisers may include members from within their ranks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.