n (pl -ries)
- 1.1 [Law] jurado (m) trial by jury juicio (m) ante jurado to serve/sit on a jury ser* miembro de un jurado the jury is out el jurado está deliberando (before n) to do jury duty o (BrE also) service ser* miembro de un juradoMore example sentences1.2 (for contest) jurado (m)
More example sentences
- Yesterday at Salisbury Crown Court the jury returned a majority verdict of guilty.
- The coroner accordingly left that verdict to the jury, and the jury returned a unanimous verdict of unlawful killing.
- After deliberating for just over two and a half hours the jury returned a unanimous verdict of guilty of manslaughter.
- Every three years, a jury selects a person considered to be the most promising director in Ontario.
- The jury has selected the film under the non-feature film category, say the producers.
- The jury selected by the organisers may include members from within their ranks.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)