Translation of jury in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1.1 (Law) trial by juryto serve/sit on a juryjuicio (masculine) ante juradothe jury is outser miembro de un jurado(before noun) to do jury duty o (in British English also) serviceel jurado está deliberandoser miembro de un juradoExample sentences1.2 (for contest)
- Yesterday at Salisbury Crown Court the jury returned a majority verdict of guilty.
- The coroner accordingly left that verdict to the jury, and the jury returned a unanimous verdict of unlawful killing.
- After deliberating for just over two and a half hours the jury returned a unanimous verdict of guilty of manslaughter.
- Every three years, a jury selects a person considered to be the most promising director in Ontario.
- The jury has selected the film under the non-feature film category, say the producers.
- The jury selected by the organisers may include members from within their ranks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.