Translation of jury in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 [Law/Derecho] jurado (masculine) trial by jury juicio (masculine) ante jurado to serve/sit on a jury ser* miembro de un jurado the jury is out el jurado está deliberando (before noun/delante del nombre) to do jury duty o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) service ser* miembro de un juradoExample sentences1.2 (for contest) jurado (masculine)
- Yesterday at Salisbury Crown Court the jury returned a majority verdict of guilty.
- The coroner accordingly left that verdict to the jury, and the jury returned a unanimous verdict of unlawful killing.
- After deliberating for just over two and a half hours the jury returned a unanimous verdict of guilty of manslaughter.
- Every three years, a jury selects a person considered to be the most promising director in Ontario.
- The jury has selected the film under the non-feature film category, say the producers.
- The jury selected by the organisers may include members from within their ranks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.