Translation of just in Spanish:
- 1(law/decision/person)we must be just to o toward them
justodebemos ser justos con ellosour cause is justnuestra causa es justaExample sentences
- It raises the question as to whether it is fair, just and reasonable to impose the duty contended for.
- She is a fair and just ruler, and she causes unending problems for me and my brothers.
- How then will the court decide what is a fair and just settlement for Richard and Hyacinth?
- 2 (true, accurate)(account/representation)
que se ajusta a la realidadExample sentences
- There must surely be a broad public interest in just complaints of this kind being sustained.
- It is not a just criticism of such assessment that it does not provide answers to all questions, just as it is not a just criticism of standardized assessment that it does not inform instruction.
- The series is most criticized for feeling dry and intellectual, or at least emotionally uninvolving -- a just criticism.
- 1 1.1 (in recent past) I've just remembered that …me acabo de acordar de que …she's just leftse acaba de irrecién se fue (Latin America)she'd only just finishedacababa de terminarrecién había terminado (Latin America)just marriedrecién casadosgo and brush your teeth — I just have o ( (American English) also) didve a lavarte los dientes — me los acabo de lavar or ( (Latin America) tb) recién me los lavéjust recently I've begun to notice that …últimamente he empezado a darme cuenta de que …Example sentences1.2 (now, at the moment) she's just on her way
está en caminoI was just about to leave when he called
- He was not pompous at all and did not look worried as if he had just come straight from court.
- The view is sublime: we are looking straight back down the loch whence we have just come.
- The second and third points are not, in my view persuasive for the reasons which I have just given.
ya va para allí ( or viene para aquí etc)estaba a punto de salir cuando llamóI was just about to say thateso es justo lo que yo iba a decir
- 2 2.1 (barely) I arrived just in timellegué justo a tiempoit's only just over the recommended minimumestá apenas por encima del mínimo recomendadoI just missed himno lo vi por poco or por apenas unos minutosExample sentences2.2 (a little) just above the knee
justo or apenas encima de la rodillaI waited just outside the shopesperé en la puerta de la tiendaI had a call from him just before I leftjusto antes de salir recibí una llamada suya
- The base of the trunk is pushed just four feet into the ground and secured with a dozen or more wooden wedges.
- Billy Mehmet was allowed to work his way into the box, only to drag his shot just wide of the upright.
- Pandiani almost hits straight back for Deportivo, but the ball just skips away from him.
- 3 3.1 (only) I'll be with you in just a momentenseguida or en un segundo estoy con ustedshe just does it to annoy melo hace solo para fastidiarmelo hace por fastidiarme nomás (Latin America)there's just one leftqueda solo unoqueda uno nomás (Latin America)just a moment, you're confusing two issues thereun momento: estás confundiendo dos problemas distintosjust an hour of your time would be enoughcon solo una hora de tu tiempo alcanzaríaI went there just oncefui solo una vezshe was just three when her father diedtenía apenas or solo tres años cuando murió su padrewould you like some more? — just a little, please¿quieres más? — bueno, un poquitojust occasionally you can find a really good bargainmuy de vez en cuando se encuentra una verdadera gangaExample sentences3.2 (simply) I just stopped by to say hello
pasé para saludartedon't be scared: it's just the windno te asustes: no es más que el viento or ( (Latin America) tb) es el viento nomásthat's just gossipno son más que chismesson puros chismes [colloquial]they're just friendsno son más que amigosI just need someone to talk to
- Nobody really wants to debate any longer, they are just interested in scoring points.
- If she starts behaving badly I just walk away and let things calm down until her tantrum has gone away.
- It would be a bit naïve of me to think I will just walk straight into the first team here.
solo son amigosnecesito hablar con alguienif you'd just wait a momentsi me hace el favor de esperar un momentodon't worry about her, she's just jealousno te preocupes por ella, lo que pasa es que está celosait's just one of those things just because he's famous doesn't mean he can be rude [colloquial]el hecho de que sea famoso no le da derecho a ser groserojust follow the instructions on the packetsimplemente siga las instrucciones impresas en el paqueteI'll just have to pack up and gono me queda otro remedio que hacer la maleta e irmeI'm just lucky, I guesses simplemente cuestión de suerte, yo creohe'll just make things worselo único que hará será empeorar las cosasI'll take a spare, just in casellevaré uno de repuesto, por si acasollevaré uno de repuesto, por si las moscas [colloquial]
- 4 4.1 (exactly, precisely) it's just what I wantedes justo or precisamente or exactamente lo que queríathe temperature was just rightla temperatura era la perfectashe looks just like her mother at that agees exactamente igual a su madre cuando tenía su edadisn't that just typical of him?¿no es típico de él?we made it to school just as the bell rangllegamos al colegio justo cuando sonaba la campana or en el preciso momento en que sonaba la campanaI can't worry about that just nowen este momento no puedo estar preocupándome por esojust my luck!¡me tenía que pasar a mí!Example sentences4.2 (equally) the desserts were just as good as the rest of the meal
los postres estuvieron tan buenos como el resto de la comidait's just as well you're leavingmenos mal que te vasshe's just as pleased as can be about the resultestá de lo más contenta con el resultadoExample sentences
- They got their way with dear old Bobby in the end, and they will with Eriksson, but not just yet.
- That she didn't have to worry about getting married and having babies, not just yet.
- Maybe not just yet, but it might be the only way for some, that things can really get better.
- I am a resident of Mealbank and at the end of our road the road surface is just disintegrating.
- Just ask the millions of people who use and love a Mac why it's become such an integral part of their lives, and most will tell you the same thing: It just works.
- Everyone back at base has been working really hard and it is just disappointing not to finish.
- 5 5.1 (emphatic use) I just can't understand itsimplemente no lo entiendoI just adore champagnea mí me encanta el champánI'm feeling just fine nowahora me siento muy bienjust leave it heredéjelo aquíregret it? don't I just!¿que si me arrepiento? ¡si me arrepentiré … !just think! we could get rich¡tú imagínate! podríamos hacernos ricosjust you wait, you little rascal!¡ya vas a ver, bandido!I can just imagine itme lo imagino perfectamentethey were just plain scaredestaban francamente aterradosthere are just no jobssimplemente no hay trabajothere's just nothing in the shopsno hay nada, pero nada, en las tiendas5.2 (in commands, threats) just do as you're told!¡haz lo que se te dice y sanseacabó!just go away, will you? just you dare!¡tú atrévete!¡atrévete nomás! (Latin America)5.3 (in polite request) just wait here, pleaseespere aquí, por favorExample sentences
- "Please just wait for me… I have to tell you something!
- "As to whether there will be military exercises, please just wait and see.
- When she was gone, Ari said, " Let's just head upstairs.
- 6 6.1 (giving explanation) it's just that …lo que pasa es que …6.2 (indicating possibility) it may just happenpodría sucederyou could just be in for a surprisepodrías llevarte una sorpresaExample sentences
- If you haven't already got a ticket then get one because you may just get the chance to see a bit of history in the making.
- The true pro might just set his stall out to repeat as best he can his peak form.
- De Villiers said at the time he felt he was up to it, and it looks like he may just get that chance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.