Translation of justify in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1 [action/effort/expense] justificar* to justify sth/oneself
tosb justificar* algo/justificarse* anteor conalgn you don't have to justify yourself to me no tienes que justificarte conmigo, no tienes por qué darme explicacionesExample sentences
- Your anxiety may prove to be fully justified, and if after the first year I'm persuaded that you are right I will have an opportunity to remedy the situation.
- His sentiments were echoed by Richard Crumlish and it seems their confidence has been fully justified after the opening shows.
- Wall was immense throughout and fully justified the complete confidence management had in him.
- These seem reasons enough to justify his more favourable assessment in recent years.
- Well, there are a whole lot of reasons to justify the tax cut the president's been advocating.
- The Court therefore finds that the reasons put forward as justifying the interference found are not sufficient to satisfy the requirements of paragraph of Article 8.
- 2 [text/lines] justificar*Example sentences
- The last of the three margins - the left hand margin - was used to keep a clear line for justifying the text.
- An earlier version of this article incorrectly reported that justifying online text would yield excessive hyphenation.
- Now poems are easily detectable on the page, because their right hand margins aren't justified.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.