Translation of justify in Spanish:
transitive verb -fies, -fying, -fied
- 1(action/effort/expense)to justify something/oneself
tosomebodyjustificar algo/justificarseyou don't have to justify yourself to me anteor conalguienno tienes que justificarte conmigo
no tienes por qué darme explicacionesExample sentences
- Your anxiety may prove to be fully justified, and if after the first year I'm persuaded that you are right I will have an opportunity to remedy the situation.
- His sentiments were echoed by Richard Crumlish and it seems their confidence has been fully justified after the opening shows.
- Wall was immense throughout and fully justified the complete confidence management had in him.
- These seem reasons enough to justify his more favourable assessment in recent years.
- Well, there are a whole lot of reasons to justify the tax cut the president's been advocating.
- The Court therefore finds that the reasons put forward as justifying the interference found are not sufficient to satisfy the requirements of paragraph of Article 8.
- The last of the three margins - the left hand margin - was used to keep a clear line for justifying the text.
- An earlier version of this article incorrectly reported that justifying online text would yield excessive hyphenation.
- Now poems are easily detectable on the page, because their right hand margins aren't justified.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.