Translation of keeper in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in zoo) guarda (masculine and feminine), cuidador, (masculine, feminine); (in museum) (British English/inglés británico) conservador, (masculine, feminine)(gamekeeper)guarda (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] goalkeeper
- The keeper of special collections there, Richard Ovenden, has been striving mightily to raise the necessary millions.
- The new keeper of the mineral collection at the university, Dr. Bill Minarik, took attendees to view the collection.
- The keeper of the William Morris Gallery, Norah Gillow, took a more positive view.
- Right now, the animal keepers from the circus stay at the zoo, attending to all the needs of the chimps.
- The animal has been described as looking like a pipe cleaner by his keepers and joins animals including deer and reindeer.
- According to animal keepers, hippos by nature require their ‘corner of the pool’ in the enclosure.
- It was the Blackburn keeper's second penalty save of the competition.
- Sixty seconds later, he swerved away from the keeper's clawing gloves to stroke home his 21st goal of an astounding debut campaign.
- The Italian has been one of the best keepers in English football for quite a while now and it would be cruel if he were to spend the majority of this season on the bench.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.