Translation of kettle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for boiling water) to put the kettle onponer agua a hervirExample sentences1.2
also: fish kettlethat's a different kettle of fish→ watch 2 2 1eso es harina de otro costal
- Reports from the prison say the officer was attacked by a prisoner with boiling water from a kettle and received severe scalding to his face and hands.
- As a toddler, he was badly scalded after pulling a kettle of boiling water over himself.
- I put it in a large mixing bowl with a capful of detergent and poured boiling water from a kettle onto the square.
- (especially British English)aplicar el → kettling
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to