Translation of kibitz in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo(American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar]
- 1.1 (look on at cards) entrometerse ([ en un juego de cartas ]) 1.2 (meddle) meter las narices [colloquial/familiar] 1.3 (chat) chacharear [colloquial/familiar], cotorrear [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Gruff, inhospitable, and monolingual, the Russians sprawl in folding chairs, kibitz around card tables, smoke in defiance of ‘no smoking ‘signs, and studiously ignore customers who stray past their booths.
- In addition to the formal legal process, a number of academics, lobbyists, journalists, and commentators have been kibitzing and barracking from the sidelines.
- You take pictures from beginning to end - lots of them inside and outside of the plane - and even if you're a pilot, stay out of the way and don't kibitz.
- I basically advised them on the accuracy of the film and verisimilitude issues, kibitzed with them.
- They visit, gossip, spy and tease; and while they are so engaged, the main character snoops and kibitzes with us.
- A building can be organized to maximize interaction, so that people bump into each other and talk, drink, flirt, eat, complain, kibitz.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.