noun/nombre (plural -neys)
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] riñón (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [disease/failure] renal kidney donor donante (masculine and feminine) de riñón kidney transplant transplante (masculine) de riñónMore example sentences1.2 [Cookery/Cocina] riñón (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 (type) [formal] [dated/anticuado] to be of the same/a different kidney estar*/no estar* cortado por el mismo patrón
- Treatment must be rapid to protect organs such as the kidneys, lungs, and liver from damage.
- In addition, waste materials cannot be transported properly to the lungs and kidneys for excretion.
- They each had their own head, arms, legs, brain, heart, lungs, kidneys and liver.
More example sentences
- It's poached skate with fennel or lamb kidney sausage on bacon and onion bread.
- The skewer lay on a vol-au-vent filled with a lightly truffled fudge of sweetbread and kidney, a faint lemoniness danced on my tongue.
- Follow that with steamed oxtail, beef and veal kidney pudding with roast shallots and buttered carrots.
- And now, my hearties, be gay, and gaily read the rest, with ease of body and in the best of kidney!
- May this missive find its beholder sound of shank and in good kidney.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...