n (plural -neys)
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] riñón (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [disease/failure] renal kidney dialysis diálisis (f) (renal), hemodiálisis (f) kidney donor donante (masculine and feminine) de riñón kidney machine riñón (masculine) artificial kidney stone cálculo (masculine) renal kidney transplant transplante (masculine) de riñónMore example sentences1.2 [Cookery/Cocina] riñón (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 (type) [formal, dated/formal, anticuado] to be of the same/a different kidney estar*/no estar* cortado por el mismo patrón
- Treatment must be rapid to protect organs such as the kidneys, lungs, and liver from damage.
- In addition, waste materials cannot be transported properly to the lungs and kidneys for excretion.
- They each had their own head, arms, legs, brain, heart, lungs, kidneys and liver.
More example sentences
- It's poached skate with fennel or lamb kidney sausage on bacon and onion bread.
- The skewer lay on a vol-au-vent filled with a lightly truffled fudge of sweetbread and kidney, a faint lemoniness danced on my tongue.
- Follow that with steamed oxtail, beef and veal kidney pudding with roast shallots and buttered carrots.
- And now, my hearties, be gay, and gaily read the rest, with ease of body and in the best of kidney!
- May this missive find its beholder sound of shank and in good kidney.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.