Translation of kidney in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -neys)
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] riñón (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [disease/failure] renal kidney donor donante (masculine and feminine) de riñón kidney transplant transplante (masculine) de riñónExample sentences1.2 [Cookery/Cocina] riñón (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (type) [formal] [dated/anticuado] to be of the same/a different kidney estar*/no estar* cortado por el mismo patrón
- Treatment must be rapid to protect organs such as the kidneys, lungs, and liver from damage.
- In addition, waste materials cannot be transported properly to the lungs and kidneys for excretion.
- They each had their own head, arms, legs, brain, heart, lungs, kidneys and liver.
- It's poached skate with fennel or lamb kidney sausage on bacon and onion bread.
- The skewer lay on a vol-au-vent filled with a lightly truffled fudge of sweetbread and kidney, a faint lemoniness danced on my tongue.
- Follow that with steamed oxtail, beef and veal kidney pudding with roast shallots and buttered carrots.
- And now, my hearties, be gay, and gaily read the rest, with ease of body and in the best of kidney!
- May this missive find its beholder sound of shank and in good kidney.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the