- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (quality) kindness (
too towardsb) amabilidad (feminine) para conalgn his kindness to o toward us su amabilidad para con nosotros she did it out of the kindness of her heart lo hizo de buena or generosa que es to kill sb with kindness abrumar a algn con atencionesMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (act) favor (m), detalle (m) we are grateful for their many kindnesses les estamos agradecidos por sus muchos favores or detalles it was a kindness not to tell him the truth fue piadoso no decirle la verdad I thought I was doing him a kindness creí que le hacía un favor
More example sentences
- A special thank you to neighbors and friends for their kindness, support and help.
- Thank you to the Counsells and Beardsleys for their kindness and generosity and hospitality.
- The couple say they have been left speechless by the kindness and generosity of friends and neighbours.
- I don't know exactly what my father hoped to accomplish by denying us this most basic of human kindnesses.
- I grew to love and respect Xavier, who showed me many small kindnesses like tying my shoe-laces, wiping my nose or offering me the odd sweet.
- And so, rather than make a simple barter or exchange between two people, we'd be part of a chain of kindnesses, passed on from one person to another, and that chain would be unbroken as long as people just kept doing it.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.