Translation of king in Spanish:
- 1 (ruler) Christ the Kingthe Book of Kings (Bible)Cristo Reyto live like a kingel Libro de los Reyesthe king of beastsvivir como un reythe king of jazzel rey de los animales or de la selvaa king's ransomel rey del jazzthe king of the castleun dineralel amo y señorExample sentences
- Subsequently, Akbar assimilated cultural patterns from earlier rulers, including sultanate kings and Rajput rulers.
- At one time, traditional societies greatly recognised people born to their positions as chiefs, kings or emperors.
- They follow leaders - queens or kings, chiefs or emperors.
- 2 (in cards, chess)(in checkers)Example sentences
- The first king to move must therefore step back from his pawn, leaving him no longer able to protect it (the rules of chess forbid the kings moving within one square of each other).
- Yet by touching the king first, the player might be obligated to move the king to another square if he can legally do so.
- That is the manoeuvrist approach in its purest form: it may be likened to checkmating an opponent's king in chess.
- This rule, known as flying kings, is not used in English draughts, in which a king's only advantage over a man is the ability to move and capture backwards as well as forwards.
- The men move and take as at draughts, except that in capturing they move either forwards or backwards like a draught king.
- You should generally try to avoid playing aces, kings, queens and jacks except when capturing or building with them.
- Most of the things I threw in the circular file, but one thing that caught my attention, was a magnet that looked exactly like the king of hearts playing card.
- Most tricks in game contracts are won by trumps or side suit kings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.