Translation of knacker in Spanish:
noun/nombre(British English/inglés británico)
- 1.1 (of horses) matarife (masculine) de caballos it's for the knacker's yard está para la basuraExample sentences1.2 (of ships) desguazador, (masculine, feminine)
- The intention would be to have dead animals collected from farms by the local knacker man and then sent for rendering.
- ‘In the Fall’ tells of an old horse being sold to the knacker by a family who lack the means to feed it through another winter and who need the pittance it will bring.
- He explains that there was a mistake - the vet had just bought the van from the knacker and had not yet painted out the old name.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo(British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar]
- 1.1 (exhaust) dejar hecho polvo [colloquial/familiar] 1.2 (ruin) hacer* polvo [colloquial/familiar], cargarse* (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], hacer* bolsa (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the