Translation of knacker in Spanish:
- 1 (of horses)matarife (masculine) de caballosit's for the knacker's yardestá para la basuraExample sentences
- The intention would be to have dead animals collected from farms by the local knacker man and then sent for rendering.
- ‘In the Fall’ tells of an old horse being sold to the knacker by a family who lack the means to feed it through another winter and who need the pittance it will bring.
- He explains that there was a mistake - the vet had just bought the van from the knacker and had not yet painted out the old name.
transitive verb(British English) [colloquial]
- 1 (exhaust)dejar hecho polvo [colloquial]Example sentences
- And after last night's shenanigans I'm absolutely knackered.
- Bless him, by this point it was about quarter to two in the morning and he was knackered so I forgive him for being a bit confused.
- I had every intention of arriving early and leaving early as it was a ‘school night’ and I was knackered after quite a few late nights at work.
- My windscreen wipers are knackered and it's snowing buckets.
- The teaching job really knackered my confidence.
- When I work a 12 hour day, without a break, like today, the last thing I want to find at the end of it is that my bloody phone handset is knackered.
- 2 (ruin)hacer polvo [colloquial]
cargarse (Spain) [colloquial]
hacer bolsa (River Plate area) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.