Translation of knit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (sweater) (by hand) knit one, purl oneuno (al) derecho, uno (al) revésknit two togethertejer or (Spain) coger dos puntos juntosshe can knit you up a scarf in a dayte puede hacer or tejer una bufanda en un día1.2also: knitted o (American English) knit past participle(jacket/cuffs)
- 2 2.1 (join, unite)(bones)they are a tightly knit family
soldarson or es una familia muy unida2.2to knit one's browsfruncir el ceñoExample sentences
- We are very fortunate to have a group of staff who knit together as a team and excel in what they do.
- Europe, viciously divided against itself for centuries, has knit together into a democratic and civil society.
- Small-leaved plants that tolerate close clipping will quickly knit together to form a seamless hedge.
- 1.1 (by hand)tejer1.2 (join)
hacer punto or calceta (Spain)(bones)
soldarseExample sentences1.3his brows knitted in a frown
frunció el ceñoExample sentences
- He was taken to York District Hospital, where surgeons operated the next day, inserting a pin in the tibia to help knit the bones together.
- He went for a final scan and it was all clear and the bone has knitted perfectly.
- For the first 12 weeks I lay in bed at home in a morphine-induced haze as my bones slowly knitted.
- Members of the cooperative spin and dye wool, knit sweaters, and also make ceramic crafts.
- In the evenings, my mother read to us, and we knitted socks and sweaters for my dad in the army, and listened to the radio.
- In her spare time, she knitted socks and jumpers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.