Translation of knit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (sweater) (by hand) knit one, purl oneuno (al) derecho, uno (al) revésknit two togethertejer or (Spain) coger dos puntos juntosshe can knit you up a scarf in a dayte puede hacer or tejer una bufanda en un díaExample sentences1.2
also: knitted o (American English) knit past participle of(jacket/cuffs)
- Members of the cooperative spin and dye wool, knit sweaters, and also make ceramic crafts.
- In the evenings, my mother read to us, and we knitted socks and sweaters for my dad in the army, and listened to the radio.
- In her spare time, she knitted socks and jumpers.
- 2 2.1 (join, unite)(bones)they are a tightly knit family
soldarson or es una familia muy unidaExample sentences
Example sentences2.2to knit one's brows
- We are very fortunate to have a group of staff who knit together as a team and excel in what they do.
- Europe, viciously divided against itself for centuries, has knit together into a democratic and civil society.
- Small-leaved plants that tolerate close clipping will quickly knit together to form a seamless hedge.
fruncir el ceño
- He was taken to York District Hospital, where surgeons operated the next day, inserting a pin in the tibia to help knit the bones together.
- He went for a final scan and it was all clear and the bone has knitted perfectly.
- For the first 12 weeks I lay in bed at home in a morphine-induced haze as my bones slowly knitted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.