Translation of knit in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [sweater] (by hand) hacer*, tejer; (with machine) tejer, tricotar (Spain/España) knit one, purl one uno (al) derecho, uno (al) revés knit two together tejer or (Spain/España) coger* dos puntos juntos she can knit you up a scarf in a day te puede hacer or tejer una bufanda en un día 1.2(knitted o (American English/inglés norteamericano) , knit past participle of/participio pasado de)[jacket/cuffs] de punto, tejido
- 2 2.1
knit (together)(join, unite) [bones] soldar* they are a tightly knit family son or es una familia muy unida 2.2to knit one's brows fruncir* el ceñoExample sentences
- We are very fortunate to have a group of staff who knit together as a team and excel in what they do.
- Europe, viciously divided against itself for centuries, has knit together into a democratic and civil society.
- Small-leaved plants that tolerate close clipping will quickly knit together to form a seamless hedge.
- He was taken to York District Hospital, where surgeons operated the next day, inserting a pin in the tibia to help knit the bones together.
- He went for a final scan and it was all clear and the bone has knitted perfectly.
- For the first 12 weeks I lay in bed at home in a morphine-induced haze as my bones slowly knitted.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (by hand) tejer, hacer* punto or calceta (Spain/España) ; (with machine) tejer, tricotar (Spain/España) 1.2
knit (together)(join) [bones] soldarse* 1.3his brows knitted in a frown frunció el ceñoExample sentences
- Members of the cooperative spin and dye wool, knit sweaters, and also make ceramic crafts.
- In the evenings, my mother read to us, and we knitted socks and sweaters for my dad in the army, and listened to the radio.
- In her spare time, she knitted socks and jumpers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the