- 1.1 (reduced) at a knockdown price a precio de gangaMore example sentences1.2 (in boxing) [blow] demoledor, fulminante
More example sentences1.3 [furniture] desmontable, desarmable
- So, if your Christmas gift list expands as easily as your waistline at this time of year, you need to know where to pick up some spot-on presents at knock-down prices.
- He was given the property by its owners at a knock-down price in a bid to secure his support in Dublin County Council.
- When I called in the next day, there were still heaps of pre-autographed copies of their debut single sitting in the racks, at the knock-down price of 99p.
More example sentences
- A haven of genteel entertainment might persuade local residents that there were pleasurable and respectable alternatives to a knock-down drunken blowout every weekend.
- There are no knock-down arguments and there is legitimate disagreement even amongst like-minded experts.
- Toyota has decades of experience shipping knock-down components by container to assembly plants around the world, including the U.S.
- (in boxing) caída (f)More example sentences
- But each knock-down was ruled out as Moore was adjudged to have caught his opponent with low blows.
- Tembo said the tournament was deferred in accordance with the Boxing Board of Control rules which state that after a knock-down, a boxer could only return to the ring after 55 days.
- The nerve damage so restricted his activity that he was stripped of his International Boxing Organisation's inter-continental championship, a belt he captured with a devastating knock-down of Patrick Gallagher.