Translation of knockdown in Spanish:
adjective (before noun)
- 1.1 (reduced) See examples: at a knockdown priceExample sentences1.2 (in boxing)
- So, if your Christmas gift list expands as easily as your waistline at this time of year, you need to know where to pick up some spot-on presents at knock-down prices.
- He was given the property by its owners at a knock-down price in a bid to secure his support in Dublin County Council.
- When I called in the next day, there were still heaps of pre-autographed copies of their debut single sitting in the racks, at the knock-down price of 99p.
- A haven of genteel entertainment might persuade local residents that there were pleasurable and respectable alternatives to a knock-down drunken blowout every weekend.
- There are no knock-down arguments and there is legitimate disagreement even amongst like-minded experts.
- Toyota has decades of experience shipping knock-down components by container to assembly plants around the world, including the U.S.
- (in boxing)Example sentences
- But each knock-down was ruled out as Moore was adjudged to have caught his opponent with low blows.
- Tembo said the tournament was deferred in accordance with the Boxing Board of Control rules which state that after a knock-down, a boxer could only return to the ring after 55 days.
- The nerve damage so restricted his activity that he was stripped of his International Boxing Organisation's inter-continental championship, a belt he captured with a devastating knock-down of Patrick Gallagher.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.