Translation of knowledge in Spanish:
- 1 (awareness) I had no knowledge of their activitiesno estaba enterado de sus actividadesno tenía conocimiento de sus actividades [formal]do you have any knowledge of his whereabouts?¿conoce su paradero?it has come to my knowledge that …ha llegado a mi conocimiento que … [formal]me he enterado de que …to (the best of) my knowledge, she's still in Parisque yo sepa, sigue en Parísto the best of my knowledge and beliefa mi leal saber y entenderhas he changed his mind? — not to my knowledge¿ha cambiado de opinión? — que yo sepa, nothere are, to my certain knowledge, at least four of themsé con seguridad or me consta que son por lo menos cuatroshe did it in the knowledge that …lo hizo sabiendo que or a sabiendas de que …he acted in full knowledge of the consequencesactuó con plena conciencia de las consecuenciaspermission was granted without my knowledgeel permiso fue otorgado sin que yo lo supiera or sin mi conocimientoit is common knowledge that …todo el mundo sabe que …Example sentences
- Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward, including a lorry driver who may have been involved in the incident without his knowledge.
- If your computer is permanently connected, the chances are that, sooner or later, an attempt will be made to access it without your knowledge.
- The thefts only came to light when one customer noticed that money had been taken from her account without her knowledge.
- 2 (facts known)(by particular person) conocimientos (masculine plural)the pursuit of knowledgela búsqueda del sabermy knowledge of Spanish/the law is very limitedmis conocimientos de español/de la ley son muy limitadoshe has a working knowledge of Frenchse defiende bastante bien en francéshe has a thorough knowledge of the subjectconoce el tema a fondoExample sentences
- These steps opened the doors to the transmission of ideas and knowledge from Europe.
- I wondered too if we will ever find a way for a more efficient transmission of knowledge.
- Renaissance science also received added impetus from the increased transmission of knowledge between east and west.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.