Translation of knowledge in Spanish:
- 1 (awareness) conocimiento (masculine) I had no knowledge of their activities no estaba enterado or [formal] no tenía conocimiento de sus actividades do you have any knowledge of his whereabouts? ¿conoce su paradero? it has come to my knowledge that … ha llegado a mi conocimiento que … [formal], me he enterado de que … to (the best of) my knowledge, she's still in Paris que yo sepa, sigue en París to the best of my knowledge and belief a mi leal saber y entender has he changed his mind? — not to my knowledge ¿ha cambiado de opinión? — que yo sepa, no there are, to my certain knowledge, at least four of them sé con seguridad or me consta que son por lo menos cuatro she did it in the knowledge that … lo hizo sabiendo que or a sabiendas de que … he acted in full knowledge of the consequences actuó con plena conciencia de las consecuencias permission was granted without my knowledge el permiso fue otorgado sin que yo lo supiera or sin mi conocimiento it is common knowledge that … todo el mundo sabe que …
- 2 (facts known) saber (masculine); (by particular person) conocimientos (masculine plural) the pursuit of knowledge la búsqueda del saber my knowledge of Spanish/the law is very limited mis conocimientos de español/de la ley son muy limitados he has a working knowledge of French se defiende bastante bien en francés he has a thorough knowledge of the subject conoce el tema a fondoExample sentences
- These steps opened the doors to the transmission of ideas and knowledge from Europe.
- I wondered too if we will ever find a way for a more efficient transmission of knowledge.
- Renaissance science also received added impetus from the increased transmission of knowledge between east and west.
- Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward, including a lorry driver who may have been involved in the incident without his knowledge.
- If your computer is permanently connected, the chances are that, sooner or later, an attempt will be made to access it without your knowledge.
- The thefts only came to light when one customer noticed that money had been taken from her account without her knowledge.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.