Translation of knuckle in Spanish:
- 1 (finger joint) to be near the knuckle (British English) [colloquial]pasarse de castaño oscuro [colloquial]to give somebody a rap o to rap somebody on o (esp (British English) ) over the knuckles(rebuke) llamarle la atención a alguien
echarle un rapapolvo a alguien (Spain) [colloquial]
darle un café a alguien (River Plate area) [colloquial](lit: hit) darle en los nudillos a alguienExample sentences
- Brian rubbed his thumb back and forth over my index finger knuckle, tickling me a little bit.
- Raising his right hand, he laid the knuckle of his index finger against his chin.
- Today there's only a miniscule red patch next to the knuckle of my ring finger which isn't even sore.
- 2(of pork) codillo (masculine)(of veal) morcillo (masculine)
jarrete (masculine)Example sentences
- Her recipe for an olio required ‘a fowl, a couple of partridges, a piece of a leg of mutton, a knuckle of veal, and a few rump steaks; also a piece of good streaked bacon or ham’.
- There are also culinary records indicating its use for pickled pigs feet, breaded veal knuckles, and sweet breads.
- I'm still not sure what ‘capilutes of lamb’ are, but can vouch for the pork knuckle which one of my companions ordered.
- 3also: knuckles(American English) → brass knuckles
ponerse a trabajar en serioto knuckle down
va a ser mejor que te pongas a trabajar en serio
cederto knuckle under
pasar por el aro
pasar por el aro
finalmente cedió a la presión/accedió a lo que exigíamos
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.