Translation of labored in Spanish:
- 1.1 [breathing] dificultoso, fatigosoExample sentences1.2 [metaphor/joke] forzado, torpe
- In a labored effort, he stood up and paid a closer inspection to this enigmatic item.
- Larry's voice came in short, labored gasps as it slowly became more difficult to breathe.
- This one had manoeuvred itself into an exposed position and was climbing in a laboured manner up a twisted, dry vine that was coming away from the tree.
- The pacing at times could have been a little more frantic as some of the humour became somewhat laboured.
- Her laboured and forced English accent, and disappointing performances from the rest of the cast, say a lot about the director's capabilities.
- Everything about director, Steven Brill's movie, smacks of desperation, though, given the laboured quality of most of the jokes, and the overall lack of subtlety.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.