Translation of lace in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (fabric) encaje (masculine); (as border) puntilla (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [handkerchief/curtains] de encajeExample sentences1.2 (on uniform) [Military/Militar] galón (masculine)
- Here's what you get when you mix luxurious silk with a lace trim and fine ribbon lacing.
- Her jeans and black shirt were replaced by a dress of blue velvet, cream silk and white lace.
- Upon her bed was a gown of light blue silk trimmed with white lace and satin bows running from the neck to the waist.
- 2 countable/numerable(shoelace)2.1 cordón (masculine) (de zapato), agujeta (feminine) (Mexico/México) , pasador (masculine) (Peru/Perú) your laces are undone tienes los cordones de los zapatos desatados or (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) desamarrados, tienes las agujetas desamarradas (Mexico/México) or (Peru/Perú) los pasadores desamarrados 2.2 (cord) cordón (masculine)Example sentences
- There was gold lace down the seams on the sides of the arms showing skin.
- She sat before the organ wearing a simple black dress, no lace, no detail.
- I had worn a little blue velvet jacket with gold lace and now I clutched it possessively.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 2.1 (fortify, spice)to lace sth
withsth he laced my drink with vodka me echó un chorro de vodka en la bebida the dessert was laced with liqueur el postre estaba rociado de licor a story laced with wit and irony una historia con una buena dosis de chispa e ironía 2.2 (mark, streak) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to be laced withsth estar* surcado dealgo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.