- 1 (absent) the necessary resources are lackingfaltan los recursos necesariosa sense of responsibility is sadly lacking among the staff
se carece de los recursos necesarios [formal]lamentablemente hay falta de responsabilidad entre el personalwhat I found lacking in her article was …lo que eché en falta en su artículo fue …
- 2 (deficient)to be lacking
insomethingno tener algohe is completely lacking in tact
dealgo [formal]no tiene nada de tactoshe's never lacking in suggestions
carece del más mínimo tacto [formal]siempre tiene algo que sugerirExample sentences
- Even the seeds are partly or wholly lacking, and when present are very thin and small.
- Reports of exactly what is happening or has happened in Tal Afar are lacking, and those that are available have little detail.
- Police presence, which is lacking, should act as a deterrent for criminals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.