Translation of lacquer in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (varnish) 1.2 (for nails)Example sentences1.3
also: hair lacquerlaca (feminine) or fijador (masculine) (para el pelo)
- Finish highly detailed natural and stained wood with spray lacquer, shellac or polyurethane.
- Floors finished with lacquer or shellac are nearly impossible to repair successfully.
- A primer is then applied to fill in any small holes, followed by a coat of paint and another layer of protective lacquer until the alloys are almost as good as new.
- to lacquer one's nails to lacquer one's hairponerse laca or fijador en el peloExample sentences
- Most aluminum used in visible parts of appliances is lacquered or otherwise coated, anodized or painted.
- French and English furniture and Japanese lacquered cabinets grace the room.
- Despite it's name it actually feels more like a New York bar as they've wisely avoided the usual spread of overly lacquered replica oriental furniture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.