Translation of ladder in Spanish:
- 1 (Building) aerial or (British) turntable ladderExample sentences
- You run around climbing ladders, shimmying across ropes and running from one platform to another, collecting gems while avoiding the bad guys.
- Leaves in different parts of the canopy were accessed with ladders, climbing ropes, and a hydraulic lift, to facilitate photosynthetic measurements with hand-held instruments.
- Entrance for the others by means of climbing ropes or ladders over the wall would be possible, but they needed a quick exit route, and hoped to be carrying Grenwald, bound and gagged as they left.
- 3 (in stocking, tights) (British)Example sentences
- She's a social climber with ladders in her stockings but a good heart.
- In our house, a clear-out involves binning the odd pair of tights with more ladders than Bob The Builder, or removing a bunch of long-dead flowers from a vase.
- They had to be mended by hand or taken to one of shops in the city where a young woman repaired ladders in silk stockings using a special stand and hook.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.