Translation of laissez-faire in Spanish:
- (before noun) (economics)(attitude)Example sentences
- That doesn't mean advocating a policy of laissez-faire; it means helping all people to work together for their common good.
- For example, the hunting of musk-oxen was banned at the end of World War I, but generally policy was laissez-faire.
- David J. Hanson, a retired professor from nearby Syracuse University, has studied youth drinking and likes Montreal's laissez-faire policies.
- The original Western nineteenth-century route to modernization was associated with laissez-faire capitalism, individualism, and democracy.
- In all of his complaining about laissez-faire and the free market, Polanyi somehow overlooks probably the single most important aspect of this system: freedom.
- The laissez-faire philosophy of competitive capitalism translated into untold misery for the laboring classes in industrial cities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.