Translation of lamb in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (young sheep) cordero (masculine); (over one year old) borrego (masculine) he just stood there like a lamb se quedó allí como atontado she took it like a lamb se lo tomó muy mansamente the Lamb of God [Religion/Religión] el Cordero de Dios like a lamb to the slaughter como cordero que llevan al mataderoExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] cordero (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (as term of endearment) be a lamb and … sé bueno y … the poor lamb's exhausted el pobrecito está rendido
- More than 90% of the sheep were marked as lambs, and all rams were individually identifiable.
- We are told that dogs are presently loose in the fields at night, and are a danger to the sheep and their young lambs.
- A farmer has lost all his sheep, 300 lambs among them, shot by young men from Her Majesty's Armed Forces, whose sergeant had been reduced to hidden tears.
- Grilled steak, pork roast, sautéed lamb chops, or roast chicken would make a perfect pairing.
- Main courses included roast beef, lamb and pork from the carvery, steak and kidney pie, poached chicken with mushroom and asparagus sauce and vegetable lasagne.
- You need best end of neck lamb chops but don't over-trim them; leave a little fat on for flavour.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [ewe] parir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.