Translation of lamb in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (young sheep) cordero (masculine); (over one year old) borrego (masculine) he just stood there like a lamb se quedó allí como atontado she took it like a lamb se lo tomó muy mansamente the Lamb of God [Religion/Religión] el Cordero de Dios like a lamb to the slaughter como cordero que llevan al mataderoExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] cordero (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (as term of endearment) be a lamb and … sé bueno y … the poor lamb's exhausted el pobrecito está rendido
- More than 90% of the sheep were marked as lambs, and all rams were individually identifiable.
- We are told that dogs are presently loose in the fields at night, and are a danger to the sheep and their young lambs.
- A farmer has lost all his sheep, 300 lambs among them, shot by young men from Her Majesty's Armed Forces, whose sergeant had been reduced to hidden tears.
- Grilled steak, pork roast, sautéed lamb chops, or roast chicken would make a perfect pairing.
- Main courses included roast beef, lamb and pork from the carvery, steak and kidney pie, poached chicken with mushroom and asparagus sauce and vegetable lasagne.
- You need best end of neck lamb chops but don't over-trim them; leave a little fat on for flavour.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [ewe] parir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.