Translation of lament in Spanish:
- 1.1 (expression of sorrow)Example sentences1.2 (Literat)
- Dusty stood it on its head and made it a passionate lament of loneliness and love.
- An assessment of great music should allow for a wider variety of moods and expressions - lament, meander, laughter, rage, gallows humor, resignation, and much more.
- Cleopatra's response, though, suggests that she too intends suicide, and she confirms this in the passionate lament that follows his death.
- His music, comprising mostly songs, dance-tunes, laments, and some religious pieces, draws upon native tradition but was also influenced by European composers such as Vivaldi and Corelli.
- Starting as a melancholic lament, the music slowly intruded into the action and eventually drowned out the longer speeches.
- The show is packed full of stirring anthems, plaintive laments and unforgettable love songs sung by a first-class cast and backed by the Lyric Opera Orchestra.
- 1.1 (deplore)(misfortune/failure/absence)it is to be lamented that …1.2 (mourn) [literary]es lamentable or es de lamentar que … followed by subjunctive(death/loss)(past)she was lamenting her beloved fatherllorar porlloraba la muerte de su querido padreExample sentences
- Therefore I seek your indulgence to allow me to lament my grief.
- But our first duty as Christians is to mourn and lament such deaths, not to use violence in response to them.
- The Minukku Vesham of the Brahmana, who laments the tragic deaths of his children before Arjuna, is one of the masterpiece roles of the sexagenarian actor.
- The writer of the 1868 report lamented, ‘I regret that so few find their way into the Bible class.’
- ‘This was my seventh Challenge and I've come near each time, but never been a winner,’ a disappointed Smith lamented.
- For years, dive operators and visitors to Phuket have lamented that the area lacked a decent sized wreck.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to