Translation of lament in Spanish:
- 1.1 (expression of sorrow) lamento (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Literat] elegía (feminine)
- Dusty stood it on its head and made it a passionate lament of loneliness and love.
- An assessment of great music should allow for a wider variety of moods and expressions - lament, meander, laughter, rage, gallows humor, resignation, and much more.
- Cleopatra's response, though, suggests that she too intends suicide, and she confirms this in the passionate lament that follows his death.
- His music, comprising mostly songs, dance-tunes, laments, and some religious pieces, draws upon native tradition but was also influenced by European composers such as Vivaldi and Corelli.
- Starting as a melancholic lament, the music slowly intruded into the action and eventually drowned out the longer speeches.
- The show is packed full of stirring anthems, plaintive laments and unforgettable love songs sung by a first-class cast and backed by the Lyric Opera Orchestra.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (deplore) [misfortune/failure/absence] lamentar it is to be lamented that … es lamentable or es de lamentar que … (followed by subjunctive/seguido por subjuntivo) 1.2 (mourn) [literary/literario] [death/loss] llorar; [past] llorar por she was lamenting her beloved father lloraba la muerte de su querido padre
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [literary/literario] llorar to lament
oversth llorar algo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.