Translation of lament in Spanish:
- 1.1 (expression of sorrow)Example sentences1.2 (Literat)
- Dusty stood it on its head and made it a passionate lament of loneliness and love.
- An assessment of great music should allow for a wider variety of moods and expressions - lament, meander, laughter, rage, gallows humor, resignation, and much more.
- Cleopatra's response, though, suggests that she too intends suicide, and she confirms this in the passionate lament that follows his death.
- His music, comprising mostly songs, dance-tunes, laments, and some religious pieces, draws upon native tradition but was also influenced by European composers such as Vivaldi and Corelli.
- Starting as a melancholic lament, the music slowly intruded into the action and eventually drowned out the longer speeches.
- The show is packed full of stirring anthems, plaintive laments and unforgettable love songs sung by a first-class cast and backed by the Lyric Opera Orchestra.
- 1.1 (deplore)(misfortune/failure/absence)it is to be lamented that …
lamentares lamentable or es de lamentar que … followed by subjunctive1.2 (mourn) [literary](death/loss)
llorar(past)she was lamenting her beloved father
llorar porlloraba la muerte de su querido padreExample sentences
- Therefore I seek your indulgence to allow me to lament my grief.
- But our first duty as Christians is to mourn and lament such deaths, not to use violence in response to them.
- The Minukku Vesham of the Brahmana, who laments the tragic deaths of his children before Arjuna, is one of the masterpiece roles of the sexagenarian actor.
- The writer of the 1868 report lamented, ‘I regret that so few find their way into the Bible class.’
- ‘This was my seventh Challenge and I've come near each time, but never been a winner,’ a disappointed Smith lamented.
- For years, dive operators and visitors to Phuket have lamented that the area lacked a decent sized wreck.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.